Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

World Cup Open Thread, Day 11

11W Staff's picture
June 22, 2014 at 11:47am
18 Comments
PUTIN IS WATCHIN'

We'll be back with a front page open thread for OPERATION DELIVER A FREEDOM SANDWICH to PORTUGAL, but enjoy the warmups – Belgium vs. Russia and South Korea vs. Agleria – ahead of the 6 p.m. start.

Time (ET) GROUP Matchup TV Internet
Noon H Belgium (1-0) vs. Russia (0-0-1) ABC WatchESPN
3:00 p.m. H South Korea (0-0-1) vs. Algeria (0-1) ABC WatchESPN
6:00 p.m. G US-FUCKIN-A (1-0) vs. Portugal (0-1) ESPN WatchESPN
rosycheeks's picture

Hopefully Ronaldo takes too long with his makeup. Go go USA!

+2 HS
Remy's picture

I've always thought that Mads Mikkelsen looked like Putin. Give him a receding hairline and I would hire Mikkelsen to play Putin in a movie:

Putin's Twin?

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." ~ Mitch Hedberg

+1 HS
cplunk's picture

I'd point out that you wrote Agleria instead of Algeria in the opening paragraph, but f*** it, it's Algeria.

I've been to Portugal. Lovely country, beautiful land, seemingly entirely populated by people that deserve the poop sandwich I sincerely hope we feed them today.

+1 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

Ha. It's AMERICA DAY, so we're changing the name.

Go1Bucks's picture

I hope we approach this game the same way Germany did against Ronaldo. Put someone on him one on one the whole time. Clog the middle. I believe we can win this!

Go Bucks!

BassDropper's picture

Looks like SB Nation stole that pic from your twitter account. Seems like a couple of websites has been tweet stealing from @11w lately.

DIRECTIONER

Jason Priestas's picture

Putin is probably automatic for a few people in that situation, so I'm sure @SBNation had that queued up and ready to go.

cplunk's picture

Agleria with the goal! 

+1 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

Making it look easy.

Seattle Linga's picture

A little too easy with the way Korea has allowed them three goals in the first half.

+1 HS
cplunk's picture

This is a flat out whomping. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I thought so too but I may have to Pump the brakes 4-2 73rd minute

+1 HS
cplunk's picture

This is the highest scoring World Cup I can remember. Along with improbable performances by lower level teams and come backs (like maybe this one), it's been great fun.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Agreed and we are not even in the round of 16 yet.

So many great teams are planning their vacations already

+1 HS