Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

NBA Finals

RedStorm45's picture
June 5, 2014 at 11:13pm
52 Comments

LeBron and the Heat go for their 3rd straight title.  Timmah and Pop are looking for #5.

RedStorm45's picture

10 minutes to go in game 1, and the Spurs are just shitting themselves. They're going to finish the game with 25 turnovers.

Danny Green is horrendous. 5 combined points (as of now) from Leonard, Diaw, and Green isn't going to cut it.

RedStorm45's picture

Reverse psychology with Green.  He put on a show in the 4th.

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I think Lebron is taking his talents to the training table 

+6 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

When LeBron wasn't guarding him... just saying...

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

CRAFTFORTHESTEAL's picture

Haha love seeing Lebum being the big baby he is, no one else is having issues! Man up Chump.

Pay It Forward!

RedStorm45's picture

Hard to control when cramps hit (that's what she said).  That said, everyone else is playing through the 90+ degree heat in the arena 

This has been a sloppy game 1 from both teams. Not high quality basketball.

+7 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Hard to control when cramps hit (that's what she said).

Thanks for that. XD

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

RedStorm45's picture

No problem, though I don't know if I was 100% sober when I posted it.

OSUStu's picture

Hate LeBron all you want but getting happy about an athlete not being able to play due to cramps is pretty bush-league.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+3 HS
NoVA Buckeye's picture

He was making fun of Dirk when he got a cold 3 years ago. He put this on himself.

The offseason begins when your season ends. Even then there are no days off.

+6 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

With every passing season, it's clear that NCAA March Madness is just so much more entertaining than the NBA Playoffs. I could barely watch 3 minutes of an NBA Finals game, but I'll watch a full 40 minutes of any NCAA Tournament game.

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Espin is freaking out - their golden child is hurt - excuses excuses. Prolly ask them to replay game 1 because no AC.

+6 HS
edr4225's picture

lets go bucks!!

+13 HS
robobuck's picture

Is that walter white there on the right?

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.  1 Corinthians 9:24

+1 HS
NoVA Buckeye's picture

How unfair of the NBA to force him to play in SEC weather. If this was in Big Ten conditions, he would have played better and won

The offseason begins when your season ends. Even then there are no days off.

+3 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Or if Lance Stephenson were there to blow on him.

LEBRON

+5 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

That is one extremely important preposition.

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

The man cramped up what is the big deal? Oh I get it...its a jackoff party for LeBron haters that thinks he quit against the celtics and now think he quit on the Heat. Take a peek.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-1 HS

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+10 HS
Jdadams01's picture

This is awesome. This is how you win, corporate America. 

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

I'm not going to hate on LeBron because I totally understand the cramping issue and you never know when that's going to happen, but this is just absolutely brilliant. Damn near spit out my water.

45OH4IO's picture

Ooooohhh! Synergy burn!

FROMTHE18's picture

As much as a I want Oden to win a title, I hope the Spurs take this series. 

+3 HS

The Tim Duncan interview after the game with him absolutely dripping sweat on the mic made me love Timmy even more. He is a class act and deserves a title before he has to bow out. Oh and he went 9-10 from the field. Guy still has it.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

It's a shame that the Heat front office couldn't surround James with a better supporting cast so they wouldn't get their doors blown off if he couldn't play.

+2 HS

It  will be OK. His supporting cast won him 2 titles and 3 MVP's. I know its highly unlikely but he could still 3peat. Not yet a celebration the die hard haters should be having.

-2 HS
BROSEPH's picture

"3 MVP's"

Please tell me how the '08-'10 era Cavs' supporting cast won him those MVP's.  That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.  Unless you're mistaken and are just talking about Miami, where he's won 2.  Either way it's still ridiculous to downplay how phenomenal LeBron has been the past 3 seasons.  I'm a die hard Cleveland fan, and I won't deny that he's easily the best player in the league.

+2 HS

Yea I was mistaken and thought he has won 3 MVP's in Miami. I was being sarcastic. The guy is the greatest basketball player any of us will live to see. You mistook what I said buddy.

-1 HS
BROSEPH's picture

If you've never experienced that type of leg cramp (or any cramp like that) before, you have basis to talk badly about him.  

+2 HS

Ive played active sports my whole life soccer,baseball,football...Ive had cramps bad and I especially got the calf cramps that feel like you have been stabbed or shot. To me they never lasted more then 5 minutes. Just me and no I'm not a Doctor but shit I seen on TV makes me think its all rigged.

-3 HS
BROSEPH's picture

The more lean muscle mass someone has, the more intense a cramp will be.  That man has a lot of lean muscle mass.  

+2 HS

I have almost all lean fast twitch muscle with around 6% body fat. He shouldnt have been the only one suffering,the older guys should have actually suffered worse.

-3 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

hydration is different than being old. I know some old people who can handle heat no problem. Its about hydration and Lebron was not properly hydrated for whatever reason.

and lean muscle or whatever, cramps can just happen. Any one of those players could have cramped up, it just happened to be Lebron. I've had calf cramps in a pool on a nice day. They just happen!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+2 HS

Hah good point SM. Im about to turn 35 soon so not sure what I meant by older. It just looked all fake to me man.  Duncan was sweating his face off during the post game interview and said they all felt the "Heat" badly. I thought the Spurs were a older team and probably couldnt handle it  as well as a younger team. It obviously worked in reverse though. Me thinks the Spurs maybe practiced in high temps leading up to the game.

-1 HS
Jake321's picture

Cramping has nothing to do with age, it is all due to chemical imbalances in your body. Along with that if you are 6 percent body fat, I highly doubt that you have mainly fast twitch muscle fiber. I took a body composition class at osu and anybody that was below 7% body fat was like a bean pole.

Squirrel Master's picture

I laugh when people say "well Jordan would have played through it". Those cramps are debilitating! No one could play through those. I've had cramps too but not when I'm playing at the level of Lebron in a 90 degree sweat box.

and this is ridiculous with the A/C going out. What is up with the NBA in the playoffs. One game they had the shot clocks go out without any spares to replace them (raptors vs. nets). The game had to be played on a stop watch. I believe another game they had something smoke out the arena before the game. The NBA is really screwing up these games with this shoddy crap.

with that said, Spurs won this game. They went electric late and pulled it out. I don't think even Lebron could have stopped that run. I also like those who are saying why couldn't the other big 3 won it without Lebron. Well, the issue was that once Lebron went out Mario Chalmers decided to become the "one man show" and try to take over the game. 3 straight plays he didn't even pass the ball. One was a 3 (which he did make) the other two were turnovers. Right in the middle of the Spurs run (and Danny Green hitting threes). Wade should have bitch slapped Chalmers for that crap!

but still, heat are 12-0 in series they lost the first game. The Heat didn't get blown out in a game that was IN San Antonio in those conditions. They can still easily pull out a win on Sunday and steal home court. This series is far from over and someone for the Heat will get hot at some point. I think its a 7 game series, who knows who will win though.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+4 HS
OSUStu's picture

Well, at least the lights didn't go out like they did at the Super Bowl.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+2 HS
RedStorm45's picture

Re: the cramps - He has a history of this.  Likely due to his body make-up (somebody with more knowledge around sports science and anatomy would have to speak to it).

Also, he played roughly the same minutes as all the other big names...but he does more on the floor than anyone else.  He's the Heat's best offensive player, does a lot of the facilitating, but he's also their best defender.  He just exerts so much energy, so I wasn't too surprised by his cramps, given the temperature and his history of cramping up.

They lost Game 1 last year, so Heat fans aren't panicking.

+3 HS
Fear The Elf's picture

They lost Game 1 last year, so Heat fans aren't panicking.

All 8 of them?

RedStorm45's picture

Well 4 of them left, but now are trying to get back in.

+4 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Well, Miami has a population of 5,564,635.... That is a little less than half of the entire state of Ohio.

LEBRON

-1 HS
OSUStu's picture

The MSA does.  Miami itself only has about 400k.  The MSA includes 3 counties and other large cities like Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach.  

Still an impressive size for the area but not really the same as comparing a single city to the State of Ohio.

RedStorm45's picture

I don't understand the Spurs. Play so great to go up 11 and then it's a slop fest to let the Heat back in.

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

After the way Game 1 ended, maybe the Spurs were like, "Hey, we don't want people thinking that LeBron gifted us with this championship.  Let's go ahead and give the next one back to them."

Also, hopefully the LeBron haters are satisfied with his performance last night.  Nah, impossible.

RedStorm45's picture

I didn't get the hate - the dude played a bunch of minutes in 90+ degree heat in game 1.  He exerts as much energy as anybody on the floor, and when your body shuts down, there's no "choice" in coming out.  You just can't move if you've got cramps.  Now...the carrying off the floor was a little much.  But he gave it everything he had in game 1.  There are other things to "hate on" besides his cramps.

The ESPN jizz-fest over LeBron is nauseating.  I muted the broadcast.  It's so bad.  Just wear Heat jerseys instead of suits.  I happened to flip on the volume post-game - Jalen Rose is calling out Parker for flopping??  "acted like he got shot in the leg."  Ok, first off Jalen, let's wind up and throw an elbow to your ribs and see what your reaction is.  Secondly...do you call out LeBron or D-Wade for doing the same thing???

Very un-Spurs-like.  Miss four straight free throws.  Only get outside shots the rest of the game - after you've been exploiting Bosh inside.  Pop said he didn't want to double LeBron because he would find the open guy.  Ok, well when the guys goes 13 of 17 in the last 3 quarters or whatever it was...there's not way the role players getting good looks are going to shoot it much better.  At some point, you force him to pass and then the other three guys just have to scramble to rotate.

+1 HS
RedStorm45's picture

These refs are atrocious, both ways.

The Heat are lucky the Spurs missed those FTs in Game 2.

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

That's what I keep saying. The Spurs controlled much of that game, and are two FTs away from this having been a sweep.

Also, Dwyane Wade got OLD fast. And, I thought they signed Chirs Bosh a few years ago. I don't remember hearing about him leaving, but I haven't seen him in the Finals at all...

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

RedStorm45's picture

Just an absolute clinic by the Spurs on how team basketball should be played.  8 minutes into both games 3 and 4 and the Heat look like they have no clue what hit them.

+1 HS
edr4225's picture

impressive

lets go bucks!!