Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Rangers vs Kings NHL final

buckeye4life050233's picture
May 30, 2014 at 4:02pm
28 Comments

It will make me sick to watch Rick Nash, Derick Brassard, Derek Dorsett, John Moore, Jeff Carter and Marian Gaborik all play in a finals when they all sucked whilst playing in Columbus.  Granted they all showed flashes but they never played nearly as well as they all have in this years playoffs.  It also sucks seeing Nash, Brassard and Dorsett make it with NY to the finals before the jackets have even won an entire series

Soggy_McMuffin's picture

I'm a Big Kings Fan. It is not over yet,Chicago is really good..

Gooz-fra-bah...

+2 HS

your right.  maybe me posting this will jinx them.  I just have no love for Carter.  ownership brought him here to do good things and he flopped and played like crap most of the year in Columbus and then goes to LA and turns it back on.  

MordenoftheSith's picture

He whined like a baby that he was traded to C-bus, he half-ass played the half-season he was here and never gave the city, organization, and fans a chance.  Eff Carter, JJ is a better fit and not a sissy.

If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side.

Codeezy's picture

Never count out the hawks!

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Talk about hitting the Nail on the Head - looking forward to game 7 back in CHI-TOWN 

I jinxed 'em lol.  Problem is I don't like the blackhawks either. 

Buckeye in Illini country's picture

Might want to wait through the weekend before thinking the Kings will make it to the Final.  Chicago hasn't been playing well, but they are crazy good up and down their roster.

But you are correct.  It does kind of suck that former CBJ players will make a Final first.  However, CBJ were never going anywhere with Nash or Gaborik.

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

The NHL is the big winner here, favorable markets throughout. Was hoping the Habs might have reached the Finals, might have been different with Price.

Hate Week runneth over

+1 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

It's hard for me to watch with both the CBJ and the Pens out.

+1 HS
clogan1032's picture

Huge hawks fan and this series isn't over yet!  If the Hawks can squeeze one out tonight I call Hawks for the finals. Going to be tough tonight though. Let's go Hawks!!!!

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

My Wings took an early exit but would like to see the Rangers take it again - should be a great series regardless of who they play

BuckeyeChief's picture

Due to growing up in both NYC and Columbus, I pull for the Blue Jackets and Rangers. That being said, I am happy to see Nash having some success, though he is not nearly as much of a scorer in NY as he was in Columbus.

"Damn I miss El Guapo"

+2 HS

yea, but brassard is playing out of his mind these playoffs.  he was always due for like a 10-12 game stretch of no points while in Columbus.  Don't get me started on Gaborik either.  The jackets really lost in that trade bc we gave up brassard and moore, and now Gaborik decided to play the way he did in NY in LA while not producing what was expected in columbus

RedStorm45's picture

They didn't lose on that trade - they made a gamble to pick up a (former) elite scorer, who just got injured way too much.

Brassard - don't care.  He was a cancer in Cbus.  And look at the centers now - Johansen, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Letestu/Mackenzie/Wennberg - where would Brass play?  He doesn't really play the CBJ style and I would take just about every center on the Blue Jackets roster over him (given Richards' style).

Moore - expendable.  Murray is a year or two younger, and probably with much greater upside.  Savard looks like he could turn out to be pretty good as well.  And with Reilly and Heatherington in the pipeline, not to mention TIm Erixon and Cody Goloubef on the cusp, Moore never crossed into the "can't touch" category.  I think the Jackets have several Dmen under 24 who will end up being better than Moore.

I don't hold ill-will towards Gaborik.  He could just never stay healthy in Cbus.  And management decided not to risk him walking this summer.  He just seemed a bit lost on the ice, although he said he really liked it here and wanted to stay.  The "3rd rounder" now turns into a 2nd rounder (via Toronto) in 2015 in what is a deep, deep draft.

Seattle Linga's picture

Agreed and he's very quick with soft hands for a bigger man

+1 HS

well the jinx wasn't enough.  and now I am done watching hockey for the remainder of the season. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Says a friend of Bassdropper after he claims he's leaving this sight only to come back and post over and over again.

Lemme know your thoughts after game 1 B4L - Hahahaha

Buckeye in Illini country's picture

I think the Rangers will take the Cup.  Henrik Lundqvist has been pretty dominant between the pipes in the postseason (other than game 5 vs Montreal).

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

+1 HS
ISURVIVEDCOOPER's picture

The King vs the Kings ~ ! To Whom Will Lord Stanley's Cup Go (let's hope to my Rangers)

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Hovenaut's picture

I can't pick the Rangers. Can't do it.

Plus the Kings have turned in a phenomenal run so far. If they have enough left in the tank, it'd be fitting to see them win it in seven (again).

Hate Week runneth over

It's ok brother, I still have buckeye love for ya.

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Sorry man...but full respect to Big Blue and King Henrik.

Should be a helluava series in any case.

Hate Week runneth over

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

The Kings almost bowed out round one - now they are staring Lord Stanley in the face. Makes for a great highlight tape if they can finish.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

A friend of the family is retired Goalie Mike Richter so it's kind of a tweener for me.

+1 HS

Mike Richter!!! Ok, I am grinning like a little school girl... At least this will filly early summer sports addiction.

OSUpawn's picture

My fiancee great grandfather has his name on the cup when he played with the Rangers.  So that is the team we are rooting for.

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

RedStorm45's picture

Doc Emrick is not calling tonight's game due to a death in the family.  Will be back for Game 2.