Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

oh my..

WezBuck28's picture
May 17, 2014 at 10:37pm
21 Comments

So I'm coaching a 9U softball team, and my Daughter has a couple girls over to spend the night from the team..flipping through the TV, its noticed that college softball is on so the girls all say " yeah let's watch it!!!", I turn it there, and instantly one of the girls says " oh no turn it please!!!, its that woman with the stupid voice at the buckeye games!"...any guesses as to who she is referring to here!?!? For a 9 year old girl to recognize that voice, and demand for the channel to be changed because of it is just amazing in my eyes lol..anyway, figured I would share..

Hovenaut's picture

Beth (to change the channel) Mowins?

Yeah, there's no getting the memory of that voice out of your mind once you've heard it.

+3 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

Chances of me watching college softball: 0.000000001%

Chances of me watching college softball with Beth Mowins commentating: 0

+9 HS
sharks's picture

I'm not ashamed to admit to watching several innings back when Jenny Finch played.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+10 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Can't lie. I'm in the same boat. Her and Jenn Brown, who now works for ESPN, always had my attention.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Jenn Brown left ESPiN last year.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

sivaDavis's picture

Ah okay didn't know that. Have to admit I don't really follow her career. Just remember seeing her on ESPN. That was a while ago though, sometime last year. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

-1 HS

I didn't realize she was gone until I just happened to come across it last month. Blondes come and go on that network.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

HighBallAce's picture

Herbstreit breaking them in right.....lol

IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

It's like that Seinfeld episode when Kramer goes into a seizure when he hears Mary Hart's voice. That's kind of what happens when I hear Beth Mowins.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Very nice analogy Bukyze - skin crawling every time I hear her voice

kareemabduljacobb's picture

I want to jump off a cliff any time I hear Doris Burke open her mouth.  Pains me to even write out her name.

+6 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Seen (albeit briefly) and not heard...

+1

+2 HS

This can't be the real Beth. Rod Jones isn't listed as her favorite player.

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

They hooked a nice one in Shannon Spake

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

I tried to give softball a chance, then I heard Beth Mowins calling the game.  Nope.  Smart kid, whoever that was.

Class of 2010.

+1 HS
Stoicpaisano's picture

Thought this would be a Pam Ward thread.