Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Browns Release WR Greg "Stone Hands" Little

Go1Bucks's picture
May 16, 2014 at 12:24pm
47 Comments
RedStorm45's picture

Makes me wonder what or who they have uo their sleeves for free agent or undrafted WRs for Hoyer to throw to.

Manziel

+11 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

You deserved the DV.  I didn't ask for troll corrections.  The thread is about receivers.

Go Bucks!

-10 HS
ITWASME's picture

No offense but I don't really think anyone ever asks for troll corrections

+14 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

real funny guys - down voted 10 times for a comment erased after 20 seconds and nothing in the comment after.

-really should be allowed to remove a comment altogether instead of being fodder for assholes who dv because they like the dick that Manziel is.

Go Bucks!

-10 HS
RedStorm45's picture

It's not trolling.  You don't trade up in the first round to draft a backup.  And all of this "OMG HOYER" love is based on what, 3 games?  In which he didn't complete 60% of his passes and had a 5/3 TD-INT ratio?

+1 HS
RedStorm45's picture

Austin coming off a year with NO touchdowns, and declining production since '09 (in part to injuries).

Earl Bennett is just some guy.  12 career TDs in 6 seasons.  Big deal.

-3 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Never said I want those players.  But it is past time for Little to go. We still need quality WRs.  Shoulda drafted them.  But their signings are why GL is gone.

Go Bucks!

RedStorm45's picture

True, can't get much worse than Little.  And Burleson may be ok as the 3/4 receiver.

Just should have made more of a move on WR via free agency before the draft...now they're just getting leftovers (no offense to the guys).  Knowing that receiver, outside of Gordon, needed upgraded anyway and it apparently wasn't in the plans for the draft, they should have jumped on some free agents sooner.

Furious George 27's picture

Before the failed drug test, you're looking at Gordon, Hawkins, Burleson and Cameron... Cleveland didn't really need to do much more via free agency other than find a #2 that can catch and they pretty much did that.

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

+1 HS
Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

Exactly, coming off last year, they already have a pro bowl WR and pro bowl TE and people are acting like the cupboard is bare.  This acquisition makes whatever happens to Gordon manageable.  

Read my entire screen name....

+1 HS
mh277907's picture

I agree. It is hard to get too excited about the current state of the WR position. I always hate to say this as it usually never happens but if Austin can stay healthy he can be a pretty dynamic player. One good thing is that Hoyer seemed to target and utilize Cameron (had 19 receptions for 193 yards and 4 scores in three games with Hoyer) much more than the other QBs (I am also assuming Hoyer gets the nod at least to begin with. I thought he earned that in limited time last year). Hopefully, the Browns can offset the loss of Gordon by finding some semblance of a running game and finding the TE through the air. 

buckeyebobcat

+2 HS

I will take Austin and Bennett.... You at least know what those two can do when healthy in the NFL over a 3rd or 4th Rd pick.

+2 HS
vitaminB's picture

As a Bears fan, Earl Bennett is the shit.  He's clutch, great in the slot, and tough as nails.  Plus he loves the color orange, so he'll fit right in in Cleveland.

Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

This is great.  Good move by the Browns.  

Read my entire screen name....

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

As a Bengals fan I can state with a  100% honesty that Hawkins is a legitimate playmaker that was underused in Cincy. Not sure what that has  do with cutting a 230lbs. WR but just thought I  would throw that out there.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

Little lines up in the slot. Chris Collingsworth comments on his impressive physique. Hut hut hike, Cleveland's 8th quarterback receives the snap, drops back and hits Little wide open streaking down the seam near the right hash mark. Little drops the pass and prances back to the huddle seemingly proud because he almost caught that one. - this has happended 5 times a game for the last 3 years. See ya Greg Little.

+5 HS
elitesmithie's picture

Dumbfounded that someone with his size and speed and strength can't catch a freaking football.

P.S. Quit showboating after getting a 1st down when we're down 14.

+4 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

I was forgiving in the first year, but what i can't figure is how it didn't get corrected in practice, and if he didn't do it in practice, then wtf was the game day issue?

Go Bucks!

Earle's picture

Cleveland streets just got a lot safer.  Toodles to a guy whose entitlement mentality never matched up with his production.

Italics are for emphasis.

+3 HS

So you are telling us you just left the Cleveland area?  ;)

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
Earle's picture

I may or may not be in Cleveland.  I may or may not be writing this while driving.  But I most definitely have an entitlement mentality.

Italics are for emphasis.

+3 HS

I know it doesnt fit the situation but damn it I love this gif.

vitaminB's picture

Did you mean Meme, because that's not a .gif.

+2 HS
BuckeyeVet's picture

@Vitamin B - It's a .gif if you have a premium membership. Otherwise it's just a meme.

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."          - Groucho Marx

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Knowing Cleveland's luck, he'll go to another team and make the pro bowl.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+3 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Not without a slathering of gorilla glue.

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

That or having a good QB for once.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS

You don't lead the league in drops just because of the QB, the guy could fuck up a hand off.

+4 HS
luckynutz's picture

This made me think of clifford franklin. And when it looked like he jerked off an elephant.

+3 HS
Danify's picture

Frees up an WR spot for undrafted FA wide receiver and Santonio Holmes. ^^

+4 HS
OSUpawn's picture

You won't be missed....

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+4 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

Little learned how to catch miss, doing tire swing practice with the QB's.  His form is perfect.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+2 HS

Good microcosm of the mans entire career. Im sure he still has a career in body building somewhere.

+1 HS
joejoe04's picture

Browns must be confident in Miles Austin's health. So long as he's ready to go, I don't mind letting Little go. It''s a shame because he is so athletic, but if you can't catch, you're about as useful as Braylon Edwards.

+2 HS
luckynutz's picture

Braylon Edwards was about as maddening a wide receiver as I can remember. Dude could catch anything thrown 5 feet over his head and out of bounds. But hit him in the numbers? Drop city.

logamaniac's picture

Receiver is a position they always say on the nfl shows that nobody is really ready for until at least their second season. Outside of the once in a generation freaks like CJ it's not like Watkins would have jumped in and carried the load in Gordon's place this season anyways. I'm confident in the names on that roster to be an improvement over last season and that's what's important. 

Bolt's picture
**Greg Little...

That is all.

+6 HS
Curt Heinrichs's picture

this was a move 2 years in the making. 

+2 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

Interestingly, Greg Little took an official visit to Ohio State back in 2006 when he was being recruited. He ended up staying with his home state school and went to UNC, though. Of course he ended up being declared ineligible for this senior season for lying to the NCAA about receiving improper benefits.

+1 HS
sharks's picture

Poor Greg,  the best known graduate of thr Braylon Edwards WR Camp.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+3 HS
HattanBuck85's picture

I'm not a Browns fan, but when healthy, I thought WR Travis Benjamin was a decent #3 or #4. Dude has blazing speed. What are your thoughts on him, Browns fans?

"The height of human desire is what wins, whether it's on Normandy Beach or in Ohio Stadium." - Woody Hayes

luckynutz's picture

Benjamin has upside...but also has some learning to do as far as playing the position. He is blazing fast, but could use some polish as far as route running and the finer points of the position.

+1 HS
sbentz4's picture

Will the league ever make a statement about Gordon.  The suspense is killing me.

Seattle Linga's picture

Just like a watched pot - it never boils

+3 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

Owners' meetings are coming up, and changes in the drug policy are on the agenda.  Proposals reportedly include raising the threshold for a positive result, and reducing penalties.  It would make sense to wait until these decisions are made before imposing discipline, no?

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Do the changes only get enforced when they play Seattle and Denver?

+2 HS