Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

luckynutz's picture

Big time news. And solid job by farmer to make it happen. Lockdown the lockdown corner. Huge. Next up is cameron...show us you have a plan ray farmer.

+3 HS
BuckeyeOfTheTiger's picture
+5 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

The first man gets the Oyster, the second man gets the shell.

+10 HS
Hovenaut's picture

The Bungles should think about running more.

Oh wait...that might require the drafting of an excellent running back.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Well they have A.J. MaCarron so they should be good now...

The first man gets the Oyster, the second man gets the shell.

+2 HS
luckynutz's picture

Time to bring back the Dawgs of Defense!

Seattle Linga's picture

The defense from the 80's please. Dixon and Minnifield were flat-out ballers.

+1 HS
luckynutz's picture

As is haden. Hopefully gilbert can play at that level as well. Im an eternal optimist when it comes to my brownies. But adding the leadership and toughness whitner and dansby bring, plus adding the top corner in the draft to a defense that is flush with young talent makes me even more optimistic that this D can get to that level.

+1 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

We need the reincarnations of Clay Matthews, Chip Banks and Eddie Johnson.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

i'd throw in Cousineau just because!!!!!!!!!!!

osu07asu10's picture

YES! THIS IS AWESOME! 

(me at my desk right now...)

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+2 HS
ITWASME's picture

Best corner in the league in my opinion

BrewstersMillions's picture

I'll give you the AFC but catching Sherman is a tall task. Still, its hard to argue his status as one of the top 2 in the league. Awesome signing by Cleveland.

4-6 seconds from point A to point B and when you get to point B, be pissed off

+1 HS
William's picture

I'd say it's closer to a Top 3, as Patrick Peterson deserves a mention as well. A team really couldn't go wrong with any one of Sherman, Haden or Peterson. 

+1 HS
BrewstersMillions's picture

I'm (for what its worth) perfectly content ranking them 1, 1a, 1b in any order.

4-6 seconds from point A to point B and when you get to point B, be pissed off

+1 HS
ITWASME's picture

I have no idea how I forgot Sherman what an idiot lol

Earle's picture

Let's hope Joe learned a lesson from Mr. Gordon and doesn't celebrate too much.

Italics are for emphasis.

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

With Haden,Gilbert,and Desir locked up for the next 5 years the Browns have solidified a top 3 secondary for half a decade.Games are still on in the trenches but this should give us insurance on keeping the game within reach at all times.Good move Cleveland.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Agreed GH - What is the plan for WR moving forward. Are they waiting to sign someone who gets cut from camp?

Groveport Heisman's picture

Hawkins is a true weapon in the slot. If Gordon doesn't miss time and they draft Watkins you are looking at one of the more deadly offenses, Now? I hope you are correct and we attack every WR with a pulse to help out.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-1 HS
osubuck57's picture

Best money the Browns have spent this year. Locked down the secondary for awhile!!

SCOTTC.

Curt Heinrichs's picture

Doesn't this seem a bit high, especially for a team with so many other glaring holes? I know that Haden is the man, but wouldn't that money be better spent on bringing some guys that aren't Paul Kruger to play linebacker? Look at the Ravens' offense after Flacco got huge money. Boldin left, defenses keyed on Rice (which was so frustrating, he took it out on his lady), and Flacco didn't have a great season. Share the wealth and everyone benefits. 

Furious George 27's picture

Browns have cap space and the Ravens didn't which makes this different.

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

Curt Heinrichs's picture

I understand that, but would have liked to see him get a little help on the defensive side on the ball for some of those dollars. I heard the argument that this shows other stars that they can get a big payday in Cleveland, which can make coming to Cleveland more attractive. 

Furious George 27's picture

They got help with Whitner and Dansby. You don't want to rely heavily on F/As to make your team better....If you are that means you are missing big time in the draft.

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

William's picture

What? Cleveland is set to have a very good defense this year. 

DL: D. Bryant, Taylor, Rubin, Winn, Hughes, A. Bryant.
LB: Dansby, Sheard, Kruger, Mingo, Kirksey, Groves. 
DB: Haden, Whitner, Gilbert, Gipson, Poyer, Skrine, Desir.

+1 HS
Curt Heinrichs's picture

I'm not sold on the 3-4 with this bunch. Dansby is old, but should contribute. Kruger is a strikeout in my opinion. With the depth at the defensive line and lack of linebackers, this team ought to use a 4-3 scheme. With that said, they will be pretty tough on defense this year, barring any injuries. 

William's picture

I disagree, actually think this roster is better suited to running a 3-4, especially with the types of bodies on the DL. 

+1 HS