Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

The NFL's Substance Abuse Policy

0 HS
MordenoftheSith's picture
May 12, 2014 at 9:24am
16 Comments

Let me preface this post by saying if you look at my profile you'll see I'm a Browns fan, so there COULD be some bias.

Josh Gordon is about to get a year suspension for failing the League's substance abuse policy... for pot.  Yet, DUIs are common place and several players have killed citizens of this country while driving under the influence, see former Browns reciever Donte Stallworth.

This is rather disturbing that the NFL is more worried about recreational drug use than they are DUIs.  With pot being legalized in States quicker than one can spell marijuana, why is THAT a focus and not alcohol?

If you ask me, the first DUI should be automatic 8 game suspension, a second should be a full season, and third should be lifetime ban since clearly you're too stupid to spend $50.00 of your league minimum salary of over $250K on a cab or a chauffeur, or have a friend/relative be your DD for free for a third time.

Now with all of that said, Gordon did break the rules and deserves whatever punishment he has coming; after all, he did sign a contract agreeing to those rules.  I just think it's time the NFL reviewed their policy and address what is really becoming the big issue; DUIs.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments