Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Top 5 States with the most 2014 NFL Draft Picks

0 HS
sivaDavis's picture
May 12, 2014 at 1:18am
11 Comments
  1. Florida 44
  2. California 37
  3. Texas 25
  4. Georgia 17
  5. Ohio 11

I found this interesting as I was doing my daily search of odd facts before I sleep because it's the offseason and I'm sad and have nothing else better to do... and I thought I'd share this one. The states with the highest draft pick totals, really aside from California, are the states that Urban Meyer and Ohio State would like to recruit hardest and are recruiting the hardest. The state of Florida had 44 players taken in this years draft, 8 in the first round and 20 through rounds 1-3. I'm saying this because everyone should understand how important Florida is to recruiting and why Urban has handed out a LOT of offers to players from that state. Yes we need to lock down our own state but Urban is going to try and recruit the best players in the entire nation. Sometimes that might mean not many offers to kids that in past years we would offer right away. i.e Nick Conner

National recruiting at Ohio State is a big must to win a National Title. Urban knows that...

Is it football season yet?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments