Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Best Sports Entrances

JohnnyKozmo's picture
May 10, 2014 at 8:05am
11 Comments

So I got to thinking about great entrances in sports, whether it's Football, Basketball, Boxing, MMA, etc., and thought I would get everyone else's take on which is the best.  I have list of some pretty good ones I think, but to me, there is one that is head an shoulders (maybe an ear) above the rest.  Some pretty good ones are:

-Va Tech-Enter Sandman (Especially at Night)

-Mo Riveria-Enter Sandman

-Trevor Hoffman-Hells Bells

-Jordans Bulls

But to me, the best sports intro was Mike Tyson coming into the "Intro" off of DMXs first album. (first time I have tried to put a video into a post, so forgive me if it doesn't work)

The Urban Legend's picture

I always liked Anderson Silva coming out to Ain't No Sunshine. 

The Legend continues

+1 HS
The Urban Legend's picture

I think the Undertaker takes the top spot though. 

The Legend continues

+5 HS
Crumb's picture

Yeah I think WWE athletes have an advantage in this because it's something they work on daily and it's a huge part of their show, I mean everyone gets to their feet when they hear the glass shattering of for Stone Cold Steve Austin or Cult of Personality for CM Punk or the bells and funeral march of the Deadman.

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

+1 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

Goldbergs was awesome.

route4buckeye's picture

GOOOOOLDBERG

GOOOOOOLDBERG

JohnnyKozmo's picture

I had an anatomy teacher in High School, who always wore wrestling t-shirts to class.  We started doing the Goldberg chant when she would walk in.  She was an older, heavy set lady, but she loved it.  She'd put her hands up, and soak it in.

+1 HS
averagejoel419's picture

John Rocker coming out of the bullpen. Dude was on a dead sprint out of the pen, and was a psycho. 

see how the mass of men worry themselves into nameless graves while here and there a great unselfish soul forgets himself into immortality

+5 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Whats everyones thoughts on ours? Ive always thought it could be improved, not sure exactly how, but it just doesn't seem to have that punch. Although the fireworks were a nice touch. I think we should use them every game. 

flying-banana's picture

Stone Cold Steve Austin, the glass shatters.

+1 HS
route4buckeye's picture

If we're doing wrestling,

Steve Austin

Edge

Undertaker

Jericho

CM Punk's Killswitch Engage intro

Crumb's picture

Hells Bells and the swarm we used to do was alright too.

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War