Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

NFL Draft Rounds 2 and 3

Go1Bucks's picture
May 9, 2014 at 7:22pm
77 Comments

Cleveland chooses OG Joel Bitonio Nevada at #35.

Go1Bucks's picture

Someone please tell me WTF Cleveland is thinking?!

Go Bucks!

+2 HS
BuckeyeLuv's picture

Good selection....winning starts up front and u gotta protect Manziel!!!

Always BuckeyeLuv!

+3 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Manziel won't ever play for the Browns, God Willing.

Go Bucks!

buckeye4life050233's picture

With them knowing that Gordon is a possible and probable suspension next year and they pass on both Watkins and more than likely Marquise Lee..... hmmmm

+3 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Um a Browns fan but I'm used to being confused about draft picks, but....

The first man gets the Oyster, the second man gets the shell.

+2 HS
Danify's picture

Love the pick. Browns are building the guts of the team in this draft.

+2 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

We need a QB, WR and a RB. Yes, we needed a guard, but that could have waited a round or 2.

Go Bucks!

+3 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

I made  a comment yesterday about the Browns being content with their shitty O-line, but knowing your ALL-PRO WR is being suspended for the year changes things just a tiny bit. Oh I also said they needed a secondary weapon on offense. Now what?

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

216ToThe614's picture

They have a secondary weapon already, Cameron can be a beast. Don't forget Ben Tate either. I don't mind them building the line now. If they feel like they need another WR that badly they can package a couple picks and move up to get someone, (I've got my fingers crossed for Allen Robinson!)

Pick up your feet, turn your corners square! And DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE!!!
WB

You are right sir and thank you for talking me down off the ledge. Football is won on the lines with the big uglies and I know that first hand I guess I was over reacting a tad. Appreciate it.

Now I guess we pray that Allen Robinson is still there come pick 71

Or Jarvis Landry from LSU I suppose.  Maybe Abbrederis.  I would be ok with either of those 3

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

El Guapo not the first RB off the board....

+2 HS
KBonay's picture

Little shocked over this. I would say the last 10 picks have been head scratchers. 

+1 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

Bishop over El Guapo. Something ain't right. 

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Not surprising. Many think that there is little separation between top 4-6 backs.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

jeremytwoface's picture

What the Hell is going on?? 

Hill over Hyde?

+3 HS
OSUStu's picture

If you don't have a rap sheet, Cincy doesn't want you.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+5 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Think the SEC vs B1G argument has anything to do with it? 

I just hate that Bengals took a RB with Hyde on the board...and it wasn't him. Would have loves to see him in Cincy!

+3 HS
Shangheyed's picture

Hyde played in the cold... mistake not to take him there.

+1 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

Wtf now I'm taking it personal.

Rare&Uncommon

+2 HS

Im on the fucking ledge with my Bengals taking Hill over Hyde. His character alone will have him in the Hamilton County justice center before his contract is up. Talk me down family.

+3 HS
BME_Buckeye's picture

Do us all a favor and jump off the ledge. Moreover, isn't it a bit harsh to say that about Hill. Everyone deserves a second chance and one instance shouldn't damn a man to such comments. With all the fuck ups our players have had, would it be fair to say something like that about them?

Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the less you will actually see.

-5 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

How about a 3rd chance?

He was arrested twice within 2 years...

+5 HS
OSUStu's picture

The guy knocked someone out with a sucker punch and then celebrated about it. Second chances or not, he is an asshole.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+4 HS

Do me a favor BME and swallow. Trying to attack me for wanting Hyde over Hill is futile. Kid  is a punk and its  well known around everywhere.

BME_Buckeye's picture

I'm not attacking you because Hill got picked over Hyde. I give no fucks what you want. Even if people want to think he is a POS or Scum bag that's your opinion. What I'm attacking is you're presumption that based on his past that he will be in jail before his contact is up. Reread my unedited comment.

"His character alone will have him in the Hamilton County justice center before his contract is up. "

Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the less you will actually see.

-4 HS

That was fucking sarcasm at its finest. Nice excuse for trying to attack a fellow poster, but now I remember you from my past. You are like the ex that keeps wanting her child support increased.

-5 HS
BME_Buckeye's picture

No one is attacking you but I do remember you too. Maybe you are taking out your anger on me because I was part of the reason you got banned one night.

If I'm not mistaken you're the same guy from Colerain that was posting everyday last summer and fall how much you hate Sterling Jenkins, his racists comments and how you didn't want him here because of it. Then one night you mentioned something about putting something in a girl mouth and got banned for it in a conversation I was having with BvTW. And let me guess that was a joke too and it was fucking sarcasm and I'm still a lame ass gimp. You mad bro? Get it out....

-2 HS

=)

-1 HS
BME_Buckeye's picture

Holy crap. IU put a player in the draft.

+2 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

I've figured it out.  Cleveland spent more than they thought pre draft and now are on the cheap.  Otherwise, they would have traded lower picks to move to the second round to take Hyde or a WR.  Absolute bs by the Browns organization.

Go Bucks!

+3 HS
TresselourgodUrbanoursavior's picture

Bengals taking a RB in the second round 2 years in a row is ridiculous. 

+3 HS
skid21's picture

I can't tell you how pissed I am that they took this low character guy who doesn't have half the talent Carlos has. Wow, just wow.

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

But Hill played in the SEC! That's like facing an All-Pro team every week! Carlos Hyde played against JV teams for 4 years!

sivaDavis's picture

Hyde to my Niners baby!! Gonna take over once Frank retires! Let's go!!!

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+3 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

Called it

Rare&Uncommon

sivaDavis's picture

Annnnnnd I now have the jersey I will be wearing for the year.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS

I could live with that Davis Im in tears my Bengals took Hill over Hyde and I don't think I'll ever recover. If Hyde goes to a physical team I respect like the 9ers I might be able to breathe.

jamesrbrown322's picture

What a perfect freaking fit!

I would have rather seen him in orange and black!

+1 HS

Top notch quality post James.

OSUStu's picture

San Fran gets another bruiser to run the ball.

+2 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Best of Luck Carlos Hyde(El Guapo) we will miss you!  Make us proud.

+1 HS
OSUStu's picture

Another Buckeye lands in a good positron. Congrats Mewhort!

+1 HS
You can't spell chump without UM's picture

Excellent pick by Indy.

Brady Hoke ate my comment

jamesrbrown322's picture

4 Buckeyes in top 60 in a weak year for OSU prospects is pretty damn good. Anyone else have a chance of going tonight? Maybe Linsley?

+2 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

I didnt hear a peep about Mewhort until yesterday, from anyone on ESPN/NFL Network. Looks like he might get a chance to block for Boom Herron just like old times....

Danify's picture

Fantastic job by the Browns and their non-aggressive style of drafting in the 2nd round...

+3 HS
You can't spell chump without UM's picture

All that's missing is Kenny G.

Brady Hoke ate my comment

+3 HS

Well I guess the Browns will get Landry, Abbrederis or Martavis Bryant at WR

Go1Bucks's picture

At this rate, don't bet the house on it.

Go Bucks!

+2 HS
Danify's picture

New England draft a QB? Color me surprised.

+1 HS
Danify's picture

Brandon Coleman or Jared Abbrederis ?

Go1Bucks's picture

Abbrederis would be the better choice.  Guaranteed good hands, plays TE and receiver positions. Smart and quick to learn.

Go Bucks!

sivaDavis's picture

Fun Fact. The Ohio State University has had 4 players drafted so far. Tied with LSU for most players selected these first two rounds. 

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Just saw on Twitter that this is only the third time in last 15 yrs that Buckeyes have had 4 players go in top 60. Hard to believe that.

+3 HS

Nice fact finding and surprising as hell. Could have swore JT tore it up with top shelf draft picks.

Go1Bucks's picture

Cleveland drafts at OLB Christian Kirksey (Iowa) at 71 with their first 3rd round pick. I give up.

Go Bucks!

+2 HS
Danify's picture

Guess Browns don't want an WR in this draft?

+2 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Yeah... real weird. Even without the Josh Gordon situation I would have thought they would have selected a WR by now.

+1 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

No WR worth getting now, only one RB worth having and 3 possible QBs left to save our asses with - I declare this draft a bust.  Im done watching.  We have 2/4th, no 5th, 1 6th and 1 7th (maybe) left.  We are done.  I never thought that an organization with 11 PICKS could screw the pooch so badly.

Go Bucks!

+2 HS
ohst8buxCP's picture

Disagree. Ellington from SC would be a great value pick here.

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Browns already drafted a QB though...two pretty decent WRs remaining, and SEVERAL RBs that have a pretty good chance of panning out in the league.

Bud I agree, I've never seen a team in such a good position, with so many good picks in such a deep draft, do so poorly. That's why they're the Browns. I'm 32 and convinced that I'll NEVER seen them even PLAY in the Super Bowl!

+1 HS
Danify's picture

As much as I like Christian Kirksey as an Speed LB, I must question why not select Shayne Skov? Or better yet, no WR so far.

+2 HS
Danify's picture

The 49ers have won this draft in my book. 

+7 HS
Danify's picture

I'm amazed Donte Moncrief hasn't been picked yet.

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Browns could still get a decent contributor at WR, if Ellington or Bryant makes it to their next pick. I knew this draft would be dud AGAIN, when they traded out of the chance to get Watkins. Then they drafted an unreliable, inconsistent CB. Should have continued to trade down, and gotten a better CB, or a position of need, or even a pass rusher. Seriously, WTF are they doing? Who is making these picks?

+1 HS

Hopefully Moncrief, Bryant or Abbrederis fall to us in the next round.  I'm praying and hoping but highly doubt the clown show Browns organization will get it right. 

Just like Go1Bucks said "I never thought that an organization with 11 PICKS could screw the pooch so badly."

Yet the Browns have somehow found a way to do it by jumping up twice in the first round when they most likely didn't have to.  Maybe to jump in front of Kansas City at 22 for Manziel but I doubt it bc they already are committed to Alex Smith.  Then to also give away a pick to move up one spot from 9 to 8.  I just don't understand why in that situation because if the Vikings really were going to take Gilbert that shouldn't be the focus.  They still had Dennard, Fuller, Verrett, and Roby to choose from.  That's 2 extra picks we could have used to either move up in the 2 or 3rd and get a guy like Marquise Lee

jamesrbrown322's picture

Gotta be a WR for Browns here.......

Bryant please!

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

REALLY?!?! REALLY?

That's it, I'm done.

+2 HS
Danify's picture

I must see what they gave up to trade up. Though I love this pick with Terrance West.

Sorry I don't love it. Not with Kadeem Carey, Andre Williams, Storm Johnson, Lache Seastrunk and Dri Archer still on the board

Danify's picture

Alright they gave up pick #106 and #180. Yet hold the #127 pick. I like the trade then.

Danify's picture

I know this doesn't mean much ... but this is what Mike Mayock had to say about Terrance West...

"Another big back with great feet. In the semifinal of FCS playoffs, in the snow, he had about as good a game as a running back can have. West is kinda like Carlos Hyde and Jeremy Hill. He's a big back with excellent feet. He catches the ball pretty well, too." -- Mike Mayock

Go1Bucks's picture

Why not do that earlier and take Hyde.  Stupid, stupid, stupid - and too late. Geez

Go Bucks!

Furious George 27's picture

Because they needed OL help more than a RB.... Now if you want to argue why an OLB over a WR I am with you. But this is Farmer's draft and as puzzling as not grabbing a WR is he's grabbing who he had on his board. I kind of respect that

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

+2 HS
Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

Agreed. First year in a while where it seems the browns have and are executing a plan. I think they are having a great draft. 

-1 HS
RedStorm45's picture

Browns are the anti-Jags. Jax is at least giving their new QB weapons.