Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

NFL Draft, Wide Receivers, and Sammy Watkins

0 HS
TresselourgodUrbanoursavior's picture
May 9, 2014 at 12:11pm
11 Comments

Okay so I had to make a post about solely this topic, because there are so many Browns fans on this website and I am seeing a huge disparity of opinions across the internet.

Personally, I think the Bills pick of Sammy Watkins was the worst move in the draft.  Not only did they give up a presumably top 15 pick next year, but they did so to get a wide receiver at 4 in a deep WR draft and a deep position in the NFL.  I keep hearing about how they didn't want to mess up like they did with Julio Jones, but Julio Jones is a physical specimen.  Sammy Watkins, not so much.  While his strengths are acceleration and ability to knock people over, NFL players will be able to close out on him  faster and they are bigger and stronger.

As for the Browns, I'm not sure that Gilbert was the best pick, seeing as how your pass defense was solid last year, but I think he is a good get nonetheless.  Add to that a first round pick, Johnny Manziel at 22, and the ability to get Marquis Lee or Allen Robinson, or Cody Latimer at WR, or Mewhort or Hyde and I think you guys made out like bandits.

Lastly, I'm happy with my Bengals pick of Dennard at 24.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments