Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling is a Disgrace

CaliforniaBuckeye's picture
April 26, 2014 at 1:37pm
117 Comments

teddyballgame's picture

Interesting.  Didn't CP3 also say he wanted a black coach if he was going to play for the Clippers?

+1 HS

I think I did hear something of that sort, but Im not sure.

"The only way we'd get beaten was if we got a little fat-headed, if we didn't train right, if we had dissension on the squad." - Woody Hayes

FROMTHE18's picture

isn't CP3, through that request, being racist as well?

+14 HS
Damonbuckeye's picture

In hindsight he probably needed a black coach to protect him from an obviously racist owner who at anytime could pop-off or say something stupid. Could you imagine if Doc Rivers were white and after hearing this you have to go in and tell you team to go out and give your all for an owner who says and believes this crap?? The Clippers organization is lucky from a business and social prospective to have a coach like Rivers to calm that situation in the locker room because I'm sure right now it's very volatile. .

+9 HS

You would think someone who owns a team full of minorities wouldn't be so heartless... It's just sad there are still people like him out here. And to think I was rooting for the Clippers but now I won't, not because of the players but because someone who has this type of ideology shouldn't win any type of professional championship.  

"The only way we'd get beaten was if we got a little fat-headed, if we didn't train right, if we had dissension on the squad." - Woody Hayes

+4 HS
SCARLETAND GREY SINCE 1975's picture

maybe he need to go hang out at the Bundy ranch!!!! how not to lose a billion dollars!!!!! what a dumbass!!! just flushed millions down the toilet!!!!

yep

Crumb's picture

Yeah what Bundy said was stupid, but Sterling took it to a whole new level of not only idiocy but downright evilness too.

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

FROMTHE18's picture

The man can think how he wants, I don't agree with it, but he's not the devil for thinking differently. Also, why was this recorded? Such an odd thing to record a conversation with your girlfriend.

-2 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

People are free to say whatever they want, but don't mistake that for freedom from criticism. If you say something like what Sterling said, you're a shitty excuse for a human being.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+8 HS
EvanstonBuckeye's picture

They sound like the double-date couple from hell.

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Sometimes I get really confused by these types of conversations - weird is not even close to summing it up. 

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I'm probably focusing on the wrong thing, but I think it's safe to say that she's an ex-girlfriend now.

"You can sleep with them, but don't hang out with them in public". That confused the heck out of me.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+10 HS
ronbizi's picture

Doubtful.  The homewrecker is being sued by Sterling's wife for breaking up their marriage, and obviously is willing to bang a nasty, rascist old man.  The fact she hears these comments and still is willing to be his "woman"  even as minority speaks volumes.  I have as much respect for her as she does for herself.

+3 HS
skid21's picture

Why do you think she was with him to begin with? His good looks? If he was just another old man living on Social Security do you think she would have given him the time of day? He might be able to fool himself but neither of them are fooling anyone else.

cdkmike's picture

he a nut nba needs to do something asap

Michael green

+1 HS

This isn't exactly news. Anyone that watches the NBA knows how Sterling is.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

This has nothing to do with this really, but since you brought up Magic Johnson --- it reminded me of something so stupid it's funny.

I can't remember which company it was, but I saw one of the most moronic ideas ever --- in the past 6 months or so there is a HEALTHcare company, (yes HEALTHcare), running commercials and there spokesman in the commercial is...wait for it....

Magic Johnson! HAHAH The same Magic Johnson with HIV.

Why would you have an HIV patient doing HEALTHcare commercials!?! LOLz.

Thought this was ironic and moronic at the same time. What a bunch of dolts.

-10 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Why would you have an HIV patient doing HEALTHcare commercials!?! LOLz.

Why wouldn't you?

+13 HS

...because someone with HIV is not exactly the face of good health when you think of a spokesperson.I mean, as a company, who are you trying to target this to? ....

Actually, now that I think of it, I believe it was healthcare dot gov. Well, that explains a lot. It's not a company, but some government garbage. Should've known. haha go figure, those con artists would do that. That's our tax dollars at work.

-10 HS

A man who was diagnosed with HIV 23 years ago who has since survived & remained healthy due to having access to quality health care is not a good spokesperson for health insurance?

+16 HS

To me, it just seems like putting Casey Anthony on as your spokesperson for a babysitting service.

But, it really doesn't even have to have anything to do with him having HIV.

The guy is a scumbag. Why would you want a scumbag as your spokesperson? Anybody who cheats on their wife, (multiple multiple multiple times), is a scumbag in my book. He just kept sleeping with hookers and whoever the hell else WHILE HE WAS MARRIED...and subsequently got AIDS. Scumbag move. The guy just isn't a role model. What kind of role model is he for those young people watching the commercial?

And, by the way, I think him being a multi-millionaire may have had something do with him being able to say healthy for 23 years. But, maybe the message is it's ok if you get HIV and don't have the money for treatment...or whatever else...the government will just redistribute the wealth of those who've earned it --- and give it to those who haven't.

-10 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

At this point, this probably goes without saying, but here we go.

There is a pattern of rampant abuse of the 11W commenting guidelines in your posts, Johnny, and you need to cut it out.

This is a forum to discuss Ohio State athletics, and occasionally other sports headlines, like this one. And yet you continuously go out of your way to discuss your disdain for the government and for liberal politics and your (sometimes not-so) thinly-veiled racism (although the staff deleted your most egregious comments).

If you're really so passionate about those things, there are plenty of dark corners of the internet where you can freely discuss that with other like-minded individuals. This is not one of those places.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+8 HS

TheBadOwl --- coming form you, I'll take it with a grain of salt.

YOUR comments are borderline obsessed with race. You always are whining about race. Reminds of Chris Matthews.

NOTHING I said was racist. PLEASE POINT OUT WHAT I SAID THAT WAS RACIST. SPECIFICALLY.

That's a very serious accusation, even if you say it was "thinly-vieled". I stand by EVERYTHING I said about Magic Johnson.

MAGIC. JOHNSON. IS. A SCUMBAG. I'll say it a million times with no regrets. There is nothing wrong with that statement.

"dark corners of the internet" --- oh, I get it, if somebody is a conservative, and God forbid not in favor of liberal politics --- they MUST be racist, and anybody discussing that kind of political view is doing so in some "dark corner of the internet". Pound sand, TheBadBowl.

-10 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Oh, I wasn't talking about Magic Johnson, I was talking about your comments on the EGW story that the staff deleted. And just looking through my own comment history, most of my comments recently seem to be about food and football. Go figure.

But hey, thanks for going out of your way to bring Chris Matthews into this. I'm not personally a fan of him, but you did a really great job of proving my point right there. You know, the part where I said that you go out of your way to make things political? Yup, that's against 11W commenting policy.

Oh, and by "dark corners of the internet" I more or less meant Youtube comments and/or Facebook comments at the end of stories on CNN/any news website, really. Because 100% of those comments are terrible, and honestly, you'd probably fit in quite well, simply because people would assume that you're a troll.

+7 HS

Weren't you the moron on here defending Jayru Campbell? 

-11 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

If by "defending" you mean "saying that I hope he turn his life around instead of throwing it away," then yes, I am that moron.

+8 HS

No, you were basically calling anyone who rightly called Campbell as a thug...racist. You have a pattern of stupid comments like this.

-10 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Go ahead, dig up my comments from the Jayru thread.

I think that "thug" is becoming a dog-whistle term and I have no qualms about saying that it should not be thrown around, but with regards to Jayru, my comments have all been about how we shouldn't be so giddy to see a kid throw his life away. He may have some serious issues, but he's a 17-year-old kid, and is not beyond redemption.

I may have a naively optimistic view when it comes to people, but don't confuse that for a "stupid" comment.

All I'm asking is that you stop going out of your way to make everything so damned political. Those are the trash comments that would be more at home in a Facebook comments section on a CNN/HuffPost/Fox News online article.

+8 HS

TheBadOwl, who made you the voice of reason?

And, nobody whines about your comments when you go on your ass backwards race-baiting rants. You ooooooonly bitch and whine when it's something you don't agree with politically or socially.

-10 HS
BuckeyeGroove's picture

Dude ,, seriously quit trolling the boards with your politiical views. There is a reason why its an actual rule on here. The point of this site is too discuss our love for the Bucks and get along while doing it. Your vitriol is nothing but devisive. If everyone on here put there political thoughts out there this site would not be so great. We dont have to agree about chris mathews or bill oreilly in order to talk about how awesome the Bucks are. Keep your thoughts about politics off these boards or watch your stickers dissapear and maybe your account too.

+3 HS
Mercurius's picture

Yes, what a horrible person...

In all seriousness, what kind of a jack-wagon are you to hijack a thread about a racist old coot and digress about Magic Johnson and healthcare.

+6 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Are you a minority that happens to work for the Government? Just curious.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

-7 HS
logamaniac's picture

We don't know his marriage. You're just assuming he was cheating. 

For what it's worth I think people that don't know the difference between their, there and they're, are all scumbags

+3 HS

For what it's worth I think people that don't know the difference between their, there and they're, are all scumbags

You just called my two year old niece a scumbag...

+4 HS
Grande Gustavo's picture

Thread over, you win.  Take your trophy and let's get the hell out of this quagmire of a thread.

The answer may not be at the bottom of a bottle, but it never hurts to check. 

Loga, he got HIV while married. He didn't get it from drug use, but from sleeping around. 

-10 HS

Oh please, it was an autocorrect typo. Dumb.

p.s. Loga, anyone who refers to Jim Tressel as "slimy" is a definite scumbag in my book. Put down your George Dohrmann memoirs and wake the hell up guy.

-10 HS

The guy is a scumbag. Why would you want a scumbag as your spokesperson? Anybody who cheats on there wife, (multiple multiple multiple times), is a scumbag in my book. He just kept sleeping with hookers and whoever the hell else WHILE HE WAS MARRIED...and subsequently got AIDS. Scumbag move. The guy just isn't a role model. What kind of role model is he for those young people watching the commercial?

Do you actually know he cheated or are you speculating? I don't know enough about it to say that you're wrong.

No speculation. He apologized to his wife for cheating....mullllllllltiple times.

-5 HS

I guess I missed that.

They were only married a little over a month(September 14, 1991) when he found out he had HIV(around Oct of '91.). I don't think he's the type that would cheat that soon after he got married. Might have happened prior to their marriage.

-1 HS

So you're saying he's less of a scumbag if he cheated on his woman when they were engaged and not yet married

-10 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Can we get back to talking about Ohio State, or how Donald Sterling is an idiot for saying these things? Sounds like a lot more fun!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+6 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Immature, but this is this first thing I thought of reading this exchange - 

Good News! We found a cure for AIDS! It's $180,000...CASH!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+4 HS
ronbizi's picture

Absolutely terrible.  And freakin hilarious!

AngryWoody's picture

Our Honor Defend!

+5 HS
Crumb's picture

Monty Python memes always get an up vote, good work Woody.

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

Crimson's picture

BREAKING NEWS!  BREAKING NEWS!

Old man is racist.  It's warm in California.  Sports at 6:20.

+5 HS
BucksFan2000's picture

This is one of the dumbest conversations I've heard in my life.  I honestly think I lost IQ points watching this video.

And somehow he's worth 2 billion dollars.  Nothing makes sense to me right now,.

Buckeye in Illini country's picture

To Johnny -Shane-Utah-Falco

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

+3 HS

One of my favorite scenes from a movie...ever.

But, it doesn't apply here.

yeah, how crazy am I for pointing that a guy who habitually cheated on his wife with hookers is a scumbag. Please tar and feather me because that was such an illogical statement by me.

-10 HS
Mercurius's picture

To Johnny -Shane-Utah-Falco:

-2 HS

Are we really at the point in society where we cant criticize a person of any color without a Owl looking over our shoulder and calling us a racist?

-10 HS
-10 HS

-10 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Woah man, now you're crossing the line. Owls are majestic creatures.

+4 HS

They are indeed. I have a very fond love for owls and I actually had one as a pet(raised and released) when I was younger. Very cool creatures and I would have to rank it 2nd to the raccoon as favorite non-pet animals that I was lucky enough to help raise back to health

HotSauceCommittee's picture

I have the incredible urge to pet an owl. 

+3 HS

I never realized how majestic the owl is until watching this GIFs

-2 HS

Sarcasm?

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

Colerain, sadly, we're getting close.  It is ridiculous how quickly the accusations of racism fly...usually when the accusing person has lost a debate and/or has nothing more intelligent to say.  Of course, when someone actually is racist, like Donald Sterling, then they should absolutely be called on it.

Class of 2010.

+3 HS

Exactly.

And, for the record --- (for you Mercurius & TheBadOwl) --- Donald Sterling is a liberal democrat.

-4 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Well, damn, thanks for telling me that, now I totally don't think he's a racist piece of shit. 

Despite what you may think, I don't really care what anyone's political views are. When it comes to politics, I'm pretty cynical towards both sides. But as I've said, 11W isn't a place to discuss politics anyways.

Go ahead and try to dig up anything I've said that is overtly political. And no, me telling people to not talk about politics does not count.

I understand that your political views are a big part of your identity, but if you let it control you that much, you're just going to end up hating a lot of people for no reason. And if you keep bringing up your views, you're giving a lot of people a good reason to hate you as well, no matter which side of the spectrum you're on.

I don't care who he votes for, Donald Sterling's comments are absolutely inexcusable.

+2 HS

Maybe lighten your tone a tad Francis. Us simple folk out here in the holler get all cornfused when you start going all poetic justice on us.

-5 HS
logamaniac's picture

Stop looking at me swan

Whoa Nellie's picture

"Donald Sterling is a liberal democrat."

Just to set the record straight.  Not true, actually.  http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-no-donald-sterling-2014...

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

BassDropper's picture

I think the NBA is going to force him to sell, which brings up the next question. Could this be an opportunity for Columbus to pursue them? The mayor has public said that he wants a team in Columbus. 

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
Damonbuckeye's picture

Now I'm all for that bass..

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

You mean they could become the Columbus Clippers?  Haha, one small problem with that...

Class of 2010.

+3 HS
Boom777's picture

So he's a white racist with an Asian girlfriend...how does that work? 

Wherever you are, there you be!

I guess you didn't listen to the recording she says a couple times she is mixed Hispanic/Black. Just trying to be helpful

+5 HS
Damonbuckeye's picture

She's not asian.. She's black and Latin. ..

AngryWoody's picture

A nice ass surpasses all racial barriers.

Our Honor Defend!

+9 HS
skid21's picture

As does a fat wallet.

kmp10's picture

Sterling, in my opinion, is a small minded, backwards thinking bigot. Having said that, there are two issues at play here: racist beliefs and invasion of privacy. I am, at best, a casual NBA fan. I have a peripheral understanding that Sterling has somehow embarrassed himself and the league prior to this incident, but to what extent and for what reason(s) I have no idea. I'm curious, has Sterling ever been accused of treating a minority employee unfairly or discriminating against a minority employee? If his beliefs are influencing the way he treats his employees then this is about more than an old man with a bigoted point of view and the NBA should act quickly to strip him of his ownership (if thats even possible). If, however, he treats everyone equally and doesn't discriminate then the bigger issue at play here is the invasion of this man's privacy. He was having what he thought was an extremely private conversation (like Bo Pelini)… except it wasn't. That is as disturbing to me as Sterling's prejudice.

+3 HS
OSU069's picture

I believe there is a lawsuit against him for discriminating against minorities or something like that.. 

Jack Fu's picture

I'm curious, has Sterling ever been accused of treating a minority employee unfairly or discriminating against a minority employee?

It's not an "employee," but the Department of Justice sued him for housing discrimination (Sterling made his money as a slumlord before owning the Clippers, and continues that business to this day) for allegedly refusing to rent property to black people. He settled for $2.7 million, the largest settlement ever obtained by the DoJ in a housing discrimination case. Other stories of his profound racism are easily found, if one is willing to look.

If, however, he treats everyone equally and doesn't discriminate then the bigger issue at play here is the invasion of this man's privacy. He was having what he thought was an extremely private conversation (like Bo Pelini)… except it wasn't. That is as disturbing to me as Sterling's prejudice.

Most jurisdictions say that, among private citizens (and not, say, the police, who require a warrant), only one party needs to consent to a recorded conversation in order for the recording to be legal.

+1 HS

One has to wonder how much this man paid for the 2009 lifetime achievement award he received from the NAACP. Looks like he was also going to be honored by the LA chapter of the NAACP next month. How is something like this possible without a payoff?

+2 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

Gah this conversation was agonizing just to listen to. I couldn't even make it all the way through.

+1 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

This is amazing. Sterling might be insane. And racist.

LMAO Jason that is funny ass shit right there buddy.

-1 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

Ironically, the last sentence was the best part.

+2 HS

Ironically, the last sentence was the best part.

+1 I did an honest to god spit take.

+1 HS

And anyone think the timing of this whole thing is just a HUGE coincidence? Its not. And I'm sure the beautiful little ex girlfriend got a handsome reward for recording that conversation. She was even baiting him throughout the whole conversation. And if you think the stuff he was saying to her is a isolated event then I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. He is an elitist and was speaking how 99% of elitist think and feel.

bigbadbuck's picture

Like a dumbass I just read thru this whole thread and want to say those are minutes I will never have back again and my IQ just went down 10%

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here its a war room

+10 HS

In other news our IQs dropped a whopping 2% from reading your contribution to the thread.

-11 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

and I contributed as much with my one post as you did with your 20 posts

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here its a war room

+4 HS

Have a nice day.

-12 HS
Killer nuts's picture

I have no interest in joining this conversation other than to say that using the word "woman" as an insult is a habit you should try to get rid of

+3 HS

Yea not really a habit,and only works when the irony is thick like somebody proclaiming themselves  as big and bad when in fact they are a soft and sensitive delicate little flower.

-9 HS
JollyFatMan's picture

And they say racism doesn't exist. 

How firm thy friendship..

southbay's picture

I dunno, this is one of the more entertaining threads I've seen that has nothing to do with OSU.  I love the "Abandon Thread" GIF.  But it's 8:05 PM on Saturday night and I'm reading this stuff.  And Michigan still sucks.

+5 HS
Crimson's picture

Well then, in your honor:

ABANDON THREAD!!!!111

AcrossTheField11's picture

These posts should be deleted by the staff the moment they are posted.  Its not in the spirit of this site to bicker back and forth about this crap.  The guy said some dumb stuff.  He's also 80 yrs old and likely senile.  Another great example of the media grasping for something to piss and moan about and start more of these asinine debates that clutter up my sports pages.  He'll be dead in a few years and then we can all breathe a huge sigh of relief that he's not saying such offensive things any more. 

Time and change will surely show how firm they friendship... O-HI-O.

-7 HS
southbay's picture

Maybe he's not really racist, he is just intimidated by seeing certain folks hanging around his girl.  

+1 HS
Crumb's picture

What a douchebag.

Boom777's picture

There are way more important things going on. Like South Sudan. Why doesn't anyone care about that. And is snoop or any rapper any better I'm sure we could find a hundreds of racist remarks in his music. These people aren't worth the time. There are much more important things in the world!

Wherever you are, there you be!

Rocket Man's picture

And one old, creepy, elitist, racist dude can sow a lot of discord, even on this site. 

Only 125 days until August 30, and we can get back to seeing what we come to this site for.

". . . It's because I don't buy one goddam drop of gas in the state of Michigan! We'll coast and PUSH this goddam car to the Ohio line before I give this state a nickel of my money!"

+1 HS
Becool12's picture

Sterling has been this way for a very long time. He isn't any less disgraceful as he has been in the past. The media, for some reason, is now just deciding to blow this entire thing up. A quick google search of Donald Sterling, who most people didn't know before 2 days ago, would have shown that the man has said some even more disgraceful things in the past. I am just trying to figure out why the media has decided this is the time to attach him. 

+2 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

Read some of his past stuff, and you're right BC12.  Guess this time is different because it involves his GF, who is apparently popular with some of the current and ex-players?  In this case, better late than never, IMO.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

brandonbauer87's picture

I read a lot of comments here before I listened to the video. I really expected worse.  As far as racists go, this guy is amateur compared to Paula Deen. 

Anyone who thinks this is shocking lives in a fairy tale world. Racism is still very prevalent. It's not just for white people either. If there were people with blue skin, there would be some of them racist against people with purple skin. It's less socially acceptable than ever to be racist. It just happens behind closed doors more than ever. 

+3 HS
irishfury's picture

The part I think that is being over looked.  Is he is clearly worried about what his other Billionare friends think.  A lot more here then meets the eyes.  Very sad that we live in a world with bigotry.  

southbay's picture

Was thinking about this, and struck by the irony.  Here we have a guy in Los Angeles who doesn't like Magic Johnson.  Now that's what I call being in a minority.

+1 HS
vitaminB's picture

I for one am shocked to learn that an old rich white man could be a racist.  #mindblown

+2 HS

Agreed. This guy is a loon. Apparently his racism and overall weirdness was no secret throughout much of the NBA, so some of the fake or delayed outrage by some NBA & ESPiN people is interesting.

But, what the hypocritical Snoop Dogg said in his YouTube response was actually more racist. Don't see how Snoop thinks he's helping anything. Ditto Larry Johnson of the NY Knicks with his blatantly racist remarks on Twitter yesterday. You won't see ESPiN cover the latter two though, unless it's for a quick mention.

-5 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

I mean, yeah, he's from a different time, so sadly it's not surprising, but that doesn't mean that we should just say "Oh he's an old white guy, of course he's racist" and act like that somehow excuses what he said, or that this isn't a huge deal.

TheBadOwl's picture

Here's the column that he referenced from five years ago.

Bomani Jones is easily my favorite person in the sports media, and he's an excellent follow on Twitter. And he's pretty spot-on about this.

-1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

A few tweets from Bill Simmons. There are a few more, but he's tweeting some pretty interesting stuff here.

Jack Fu's picture

That would certainly be the nuclear option.

TheBadOwl's picture

Adam Silver just dropped the hammer on Sterling. Lifetime ban, plead the owners to force the sale of the Clippers (foregone conclusion at this point) and a $2.5 million fine (maximum allowed). Reporters asked some very tough questions about Sterling's past and Silver has been fielding those questions like a champ.

-1 HS
Borrowed Time's picture

a lot of respect towards Silver for a quick and decisive action, even while realizing this is a potentially dangerous precedent of words being said in private being used to force a sale of assets.

so... why does it take the NCAA years and years to investigate some situation, with the usual conclusion of not enough evidence?

-2 HS