Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Blue Jackets Game 4

Crumb's picture
April 23, 2014 at 10:04pm
27 Comments

No 3-1 lead is safe! Jackets win 4-3 in OT after being down 3-0 midway through the first period, tie series with Pens 2-2.

Chief B1G Dump's picture

That was sexy as hell!

+3 HS
Crumb's picture

And Umberger the former Buckeye started the final possession that won the game! BAM!

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

+2 HS
BassDropper's picture

We will always have to live with a Michigan man scoring the game winning goal in our first ever playoff win. Jack Johnson is one of the very few Michigan players I like and root for.

DIRECTIONER

cpfanatik77's picture

Calvert actually scored the gw goal in game 2, although Jack has had a goal in every game but tonight's. Boys are playing some tough hockey right now.

+1 HS
UserCorch's picture

If you don't like Jack Johnson, you can git out

+2 HS
cpfanatik77's picture

Amen. His excitement for being in Columbus has been infectious and is a big reason for the culture shift we've seen these last 2 seasons. It's amazing what can happen when someone plays with passion and they like being here (*cough* Jeff Carter *cough*).

Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

coming from a Pens fan, I wish we had Jack Johnson on our team

-1 HS
KBonay's picture

Umberger's willingness to sacrifice his body is what lead to gwg. 

+3 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

That was absolutely awesome!

Class of 2010.

+1 HS
KingsRite's picture

That last possession was EPIC!

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+1 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

I was absolutely prophetic with my prediction from the other night - http://www.elevenwarriors.com/polls/2014/04/will-columbus-blue-jackets-c... - although really not a stretch based on the way the series has gone.  By far, ours has been the best series of hockey of those I 've seen.  Glad Foligno is back, he energized his line and Dubinsky was fabulous.

Now it's a 3 game sprint.  Hope the hockey gods give us a chance to get to next level.  I keep thinking that if we had not given away games 1 and 3, we would be there already.

Go CBJ!

Go Bucks!

+3 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Wow, did you see the cut under Umby's eye.  Gonna need a couple of stiches there. Bet the Pens wish he played for them.

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
toad1204's picture

And the state of Ohio sweeps Piitsburgh tonight.  Reds/ CBJ.  

Series comes back to Cbus no matter what now.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+2 HS
Sin City Buckeye's picture

This is Dubinsky's game tying goal celebration.

Is there a difference between Viper and Leo? "No, we just thought Viper sounded cooler."---Former Buckeye Coach Mike Vrabel

+6 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Congrats Jackets fans - you deserve it. Great game!!!!!!!!!!

+2 HS
BrewstersMillions's picture

Scratch 'fear' and 'quit' from the Jackets vocab. Jackets fans are watching a lot of good young players coming of age. Such a fun series to watch-one that by some accounts could already be over. Really impressed by the Jackets play.

Do I come off as arrogant? Shame on me, I was hoping it would more obvious.

+4 HS
BuckNKY's picture

Today was my third CBJ (and NHL) in-person experience.  What an amazing game.  First 10 mins and thought the Blue Jackets were done.  Very sloppy.  Then they sucked it up and played a complete game the rest of the way.  AMAZING!!

Playoff hockey is incredible... 

+2 HS
Mute's picture

Just got back from the game

Holy fucking shit is all I have to say

+9 HS
pcuzz1's picture

Never been a huge hockey guy, but this series has.converted me. Plus being a lifelong cavs, browna, and tribe fan, it is nice being able to root for an ohio team in the playoffs... and winning! Go jackets!

pat cozzens

+5 HS
cpfanatik77's picture

Tonight was possibly the 2nd greatest sports moment in my 29 years on this earth. What I would have given to be in NWA tonight. Looked like the roof was gonna blow off of that place. What an awesome moment 15 years in the making. And it was quite nice to be on the flip side of a final minute game-tying goal. Great game CBJ!

+4 HS
MordenoftheSith's picture

There are only TWO events I've witnessed Live and In-Person that top what I saw at NWA last night... The birth of both my sons....

If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side.

+1 HS
cpfanatik77's picture

I bet! Had a proud daddy moment the other night when my 7 month old started clapping when the CBJ came out of the tunnel at the beginning of the game. It's been quite bittersweet for me living in NC the last two seasons. I went to so many games in HS and college and watched us lose by 5 or 6 goals that to have us doing well when I'm so far away kinda stinks. I love it for the team and for the city, though. They totally deserve it and last night was what I have been hoping to see in that arena since the first season. Hopefully we can win Saturday and close it out Monday night at home!

+1 HS
JollyFatMan's picture

My first hockey game.. ever. Never watched, never attended, just had a passing liking of the sport. Must say, it is one of my favorite experiences of my life as a fan of ANY sport. Consider me converted. And they didn't have a playoff in major CFB for this long? Really? If Nationwide can get this rocking for a first round hockey game.. The Shoe? I cry at the thought. 

Either way, GO JACKETS!

How firm thy friendship..

+6 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Hockey is a great sport. It's cool to see this kind of excitement in C-bus for it.  Even though I'm a Red Wings fan, it's good to see the BJ do well. If the Wings can't do it, I hope the BJ go all the way.

+2 HS
RedStorm45's picture

Nothing can hold a candle to the Stanley Cup playoffs.

+3 HS
Bolt's picture

No other sport can rival the significant jump in speed, intensity and emotion that hockey gets  from regular season to the post season. I forgot how nuts playoff hockey was until 2 minutes into game 1 and I was already sweating.

+1 HS
RedStorm45's picture

Cam Atkinson and his father greeted fans last night who are camping out for Huntington Green Seats.  They offered to pay for the ten or so folks in line last night.  Really cool.

Hockey This Morning (?) Sirius Radio show is broadcasting out of Tim's today and tomorrow.

James Wisniewski has been horrendous.  Got a bad feeling about tonight, since he's surely going to play and cost the CBJ at least a couple goals.