Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Cleveland Browns NEW Uniforms - GAMETIME

Gametime's picture
April 23, 2014 at 6:29pm
38 Comments

What's up fellow 11Wers! It's been a while in regards to regular my regular activities, but that's due to two future Buckeyes that my wife and I welcomed to the world in February, our twin sons Ariyah & Zion!

Now that I've softened you up with the baby talk, you all know the offseason full of meh, but recently the boys at Nike have been cranking out new college unis for rebranding the likes of Florida State, Arkansas, Illinois, Miami, Syracuse, & Washington.

However there has been news after the release of the debatable Tampa Bay rebranding, that the Cleveland Browns had a closed door meeting with Nike about designing new "cutting edge" uniforms for the 2015 season. I can't say I like the idea of eliminating the color brown from the Browns (yes I know it's named after Paul Brown) as this "insider" on reddit suggested, so given my track record for producing concept uniforms for beloved Ohio teams, I figured why not the Browns

So without further adieu....

(Click to Enlarge)

Gametime's 2015 Cleveland Brown Concepts

BuckeyeChris's picture

No. No. No. and... no. 

I do appreciate the effort but, again, no. 

I am more a fan of bringing back the old look: 1) Please do not touch the helmets (other than to bring back the white face mask).  2) One solid color on the jersey with white or brown numbers, two colors/stripes (at most) on the sleeve 3) When wearing brown jerseys, orange pants with white and brown stripe down the leg. When wearing white, white pants with orange and brown stripes down the leg. 

Period. Amen. 

Yes, I know... "Brian Sipe called. He'd like his uni back."

+2 HS
Gametime's picture

I feel you Chris, but your request definitely won't be obliged with what these clowns are talking about...i.e. Pro Bowl like unis are on the horizon if you believe what's out there - think Seattle Seahawks, but Candy Orange, Silver Gray, and White with Brown just for trim. Yes, a primary Silver Gray Browns jersey...

I did these for fun and the challenge to try to find a balance between what they have now and a modern update, and most programs and teams are getting modern updates now. The crisp, solid, stature of Brian Snipe is never coming back. 

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

+6 HS
BuckeyeChris's picture

Agreed. "My way" is certainly the old style. The "Sipe-style" unis will be seen only on "throwback" days, going forward. Again, I do appreciate the effort.  

BHT's picture

I like your effort Gametime and I like the uni's, but the current ones look better in my opinion. I do think these are more unique than the current ones though.

+1 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

GAMETIME! Those are awesome! Definitely a clear improvement from the boring drab unis the Browns currently have. I think Nike or Under Armour or somebody should hire you.

+1 HS
MacG91's picture

Those look like a mix between Ohio States alternate jerseys and the Bengals jerseys. 

Mac..yeah

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

I like the one on the left but the other three look too much like the Bengals.

I really liked the white pro bowl uni's some slight modifications I think they could be some nice Browns jerseys

+1 HS
Gametime's picture

I wish some people would've read some of these links. From what I've read they seem to be really leaning toward something like this - including the gray becoming a primary color with brown only being used for trim i.e. NO brown jersey.

+4 HS
otrain2416's picture

Ya can't get rid of the brown in my book 

FROMTHE18's picture

interesting work, but isn't it basically taking OSU's Pro Combats from this year and just changing the colors?

-1 HS
Gametime's picture

Yes and No. Yes, in that Nike uses that exact same stitch template for all of their uniforms outside of defining stripes or colors. No, in that the Ohio State uniforms are in no way similar regarding the collar pattern, the shoulder striping, pant striping or the numbering, however I think maybe the wide stripe on the helmet gives off that impression; and that was definitely influenced by our latest head gear. :)

+4 HS
lvccacamcrca's picture

DO NOT TOUCH THE HELMET!

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+2 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Man, I actually love these. But I'm not really a Browns fan.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+3 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I suppose I'm still stung from January, but they look a little to Clemsony for my taste.

I do like the helmets though...the wide stripe is cool.

Good to see you GT, congrats on the family!

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
Gametime's picture

Thanks a bunch Hove! Yea I suppose the orangey-whiteness definitely invokes some of the Clemson-bleh. 

+3 HS
Lawver_5's picture

I like the helmets, not so sure about the jersey's though. I think it's definitely time for the Browns to change their uniforms though 

+1 HS
FitzBuck's picture

First congrats gametime.  Your life will never be the same ( in a good way). 

I didn't think I would like the changes but I approve.  Maybe it's because the traditional uniforms have brought me nothing but pain.  They could be pink with green Chihuahuas as long as the are attached to a winning Cleveland browns football team I'd be happy.

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+3 HS
Gametime's picture

Thanks a lot Fitz! Yea Mrs. Gametime and I have a soon to be 8 year old daughter (she's already a die hard Buckeye - I took her to FNL last summer and we were sitting with Alex and Steve Wiltfong, lol) so it's not our first rodeo, but this is certainly unique with our boys.

I get the feeling that deep down, most Brownies feel like you do though!

+1 HS
House804's picture

The Brown jersey and classic orange helmet is still the best in the NFL.  I don't like those uniforms, sorry GT.  Def.  better than I could do though.

We talkin' bout practice?!  Not the game I love...the game I die for.  Practice?!

+6 HS
Gametime's picture

No worries House, I know I'm treading on nitro dealing with the Browns brand, lol. It's all in good fun and practice though!

+2 HS
AndyVance's picture

GT, you are the man. So happy to see you back "working" here on the forums - and congrats on the twins!!!

+3 HS
Gametime's picture

Thanks Andy the feeling is mutual! 

+1 HS
Osurrt's picture

Looks like something from arena football......not a fan of them

+1 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

What kind of troll would dv my man Gametime.

#SMH

+1 HS
Gametime's picture

Thanks for the support my man! #Salute

+3 HS
Putter's picture

I would be happy if they wore burlap sacks and won 9 + games.  I would buy the Browns burlap jersey if they made the playoffs. 

+10 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Congrats GT on the addition of your twins to a proud Buckeye family!

I have to say nice effort.  Im a Cleveland born lifer and have to like a reimagining of our unis, however, Brown has to be a part of the uni.  That said, consider working on the Cavs uni, and send a note to the Tribe, to kill the white uni with block C.  

Go Browns!

Go Bucks!

+2 HS
Gametime's picture

Thanks Go1Bucks! I agree, the Browns without a brown jersey would just become a parody of itself...no bueno. 

Seattle Linga's picture

As a traditionalist it is tough to get used to change but these are pretty flashy - something I can get used to after awhile. 

+1 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

These were floating around the internet too.  The helmet seems a little weird, but the rest is cool I think.

House804's picture

Middle one is way too close to the Tennessee Volunteers.

We talkin' bout practice?!  Not the game I love...the game I die for.  Practice?!

sbentz4's picture

You have to have the all brown jerseys.  Found these floating around the net.

+1 HS
House804's picture

Yeah the all brown and all white is a must.  I think these are pretty good outside of the middle one.

+1 HS
Earle's picture

I always thought it was silly to fight to keep the name and colors.  As a lifelong Browns fan, I realize that the old Browns are long gone.   While I have fond memories of the Kardiac Kids and the Kosar years, and appreciate the history of the franchise, that team is long gone,  and the team we have now needs a clean slate after 15 years of futility. If you want history, bring back the Bulldogs name and colors.

Italics are for emphasis.

+3 HS
WildMan Leather and Lace's picture

Those almost look as ugly as the Bengals uni's

+2 HS
BroJim's picture

Fashion and fooball, what rot. Remember when all you wanted was your name on the back of the jersey; those were the days.

I season my simple food with hunger

Jeeves's picture

Make the unis as simple as humanly possible and keep the old helmet look. The wide stripe looked ridiculous on Ohio State and looks like buck toothed beavers on the Browns. Pettine is building a tough nosed football team up in Cleveland so they shouldn't wear anything too flashy.