Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Draft day!!

syphon2677's picture
April 11, 2014 at 11:12pm
12 Comments

Just wondering everyone's thoughts on the movie??

InvertMyVeer's picture

I haven't seen it, and I'm usually a sucker for anything football-related, but the commercials for that movie have been annoying the crap out of me

Football is complicated...

Baroclinicity's picture

Looking forward to it!  I see good reviews so far, not that they are official or anything.

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

KBonay's picture

I have been emotionally scarred ever since The Bodygaurd & can't seem to reinvest into a Costner flick.

+1 HS
OSUStu's picture

You should try Open Range. Awesome western.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

AngryWoody's picture

Let's see...It's a about the Browns so my guess is that it ends like this: Browns go 4 and 12 and Kevin Costner gets fired after his first year.

Our Honor Defend!

+4 HS
Rocket Man's picture

Kevin Costner bringing all the success he's had since "Dances with Wolves" to the Browns?  How lucky for the Browns.

Never put off 'til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely.

brunstar's picture

No, it'll be about the Browns being dooped and trading up 1 spot to pick Kellen Winslow Jr. or Trent Richardson.  The twist at the end will be trading back into the first round to draft a 27 year-old quarterback with limited NFL potential.

+1 HS
rllbucks1's picture

Going to see it tonight, looking forward to it. I have been a Browns fan since 1950's so since it's a movie I figured it would be a lot like Major League for the Indians!  Believe me we deserve a movie ending!

rllbucks1

teddyballgame's picture

Trailer makes it look horrible... all of those stupid, quippy one liners all quick-cut together. "We trading 6?" "Who you pickin?" "It's GO TIME!" "I LOVE THIS JOB!!!"etc etc 

Probably one cliche after another of kevin costner going "herp derp I draft unconventional and not who they want me to draft!"  "I don't care if it cost me my job" ...said no NFL exec ever.

+2 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Hah you nailed it Teddy. I'll  wait for this one to pop up for free on losmovies.com,I definitely wouldn't make my wife suffer through it on a night that should be designed for making her happy.Mine puts up with football 24/7 throughout the football season.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

Seattle Linga's picture

Seeing it tonight on a date night with my wife - I actually like the previews so far. Part of the movie was filmed in my hometown in Cleveland

Seattle Linga's picture

Saw it last night and I liked it a lot - thought Costner and Garner had good chemistry. Huge browns fan so it was easy for me to relate to the fans in the movie. Could have done without Aaron Goldhammer's voice but I thought the ending was awesome with the interaction of the GM's

+1 HS