Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

"The Masters" - Open Thread

buckguyfan1's picture
April 10, 2014 at 11:58am
18 Comments

Who do you like?  Will ratings be down without Tiger?  

m5987usus's picture

I know that I'm gonna get downvotes for this but I know everyone knows this.  A tournament without tiger is just an ordinary round of golf.  A tournament with Tiger is Big Stage.

O-H!

+3 HS
keep_it_down's picture

I must disagree, the thing about the Masters is that it is the same course every year and has to a degree become it's own star. I am going to watch no matter what, I would be shocked to say the least if Tiger's not playing has a impact on the ratings. Depending on where the Opens are played I may or may not watch and I don't watch the players championship but again the Masters is a different animal.

Defending the boarder

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Yea ratings will be way down. Honestly I wont tune in because the only reason I did was to check on Tiger.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+2 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Go Adam Scott & Justin Rose !!! 

-1 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

These greens are going to be lightning fast by the weekend.  Better score well to day.  

Norwalk's picture

You gotta love that the Aussie married an Ohio girl and lives in Columbus.

buckguyfan1's picture

Phil, Bubba, Fowler, Couples, Kuchar, and English.

My pick six.  Going to be a lot of ups and downs in this one. 

Mr Soul's picture

My pick for a repeat winner is Zach Johnson.  My pick for a break-thru 1st win is Luke Donald.  Haven't checked the leaderboard yet - probably just embarrassing myself.

Keep the change, ya filthy animal!

southbay's picture

I think they both missed the cut, IIRC.

Knarcisi's picture

Was there today. Great experience. Bubba looked good. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Bubba's got a new Hovercraft - no joke - this is completely awesome. I am rooting for Bubba - Stricker and Couples.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

He has a $600,000 watch, too.  He came close to us for his 2nd shot on 13. Guy I was with was gonna ask him for the time. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Awesome - Did not know that. Just a few years ago at the Memorial Tournament - We had to help Mike Weir find his ball in the 4 foot high rough (yes that's an exaggeration) it was buried and he could barely see it. He was prolly about 35 yards to the pin - and he stuck it about a foot and a half away from the pin.

+1 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Give it hell Fred!

Seattle Linga's picture

Just out of curiosity .................. I am glued to the Masters - is anyone else watching this Tourney. Looking forward to some very exciting links action. 

+1 HS
RBuck's picture

Yep. Pulling for Freddy but doesn't look good for him

"It's just another case of there you are". ~ Doc (1918-2012)

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Freddy is a fan favorite - local icon from Seattle - wheels fell off in the end but not bad for 50 something.

+1 HS