Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Wrestlemania XXX

amk1616's picture
April 7, 2014 at 1:52pm
17 Comments

I can not express enough how disappointed I am that nobody has posted about Wrestlemania.

What were your thoughts on it?

I thought it was easily one of the best PPV's in recent memory.  Loved Daniel Bryan's stuff.  It was sad to see Taker lose (and i think retire), but it was the perfect way to do it.

route4buckeye's picture

Read that he wanted to lose to Lesnar for a long time, but their schedules never matched up. RIP Taker.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

They let Brock beat the Undertaker? :/

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

703Buckeye's picture

They didn't "let" it happen. Taker is old and knows his time is past; there's no place better than Wrestlemania and no thing better than The Streak to put over a younger wrestler. Not that Lesnar needed to be put over but I guarantee Taker saw this as a chance to boost the career of a younger guy. Not to mention, no wrestler (outside HHH) carries as much weight as Undertaker; when he wants something done, it gets done.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+5 HS
Scarlet_Buckeye's picture

Brock Lesnar is 36.  Exactly what part of that is "Taker saw this as a chance to boost the career of a younger guy"?!?!

-2 HS
703Buckeye's picture

I'm sorry, did you read the part where I said "younger" and not "young?" Lesnar is like 15 years younger than Taker, so I'll stand by my statement. Not to mention, 36 is still relatively young for a WWE star.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+1 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

It was a good show overall.  Daniel Bryan mostly carried the show - everything with him was gold from the match to HHH, to HHH attacking him afterward, to him starting to get stretchered out after a wild announce table spot, to him getting off the stretcher and winning the whole thing.  One of the most feel good moments in a long time.

Sad to see the streak of Undertaker end, though.  There are guys other than Brock Lesnar that could use the rub from ending the streak more.  And the match wasn't nearly as good as past Undertaker efforts.  I guess he got a nasty concussion early in the match, and he seemed out of it most of the match, and then had to be taken to a hospital by ambulance afterwards.  I'm not a guy that thinks it should've never ended, as I figured it would end eventually when he's ready to retire, but it could have gone down in a better way.  And so sick of Super Cena.  Fuck that guy.

Class of 2010.

elitesmithie's picture

If hes retiring, then I should probably bring up the Undertaker-Mankind match from way back when was amazing. Lot of entertainment growing up.

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

WrestleMania 31 is going to be at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, CA.  WrestleMania 32 is going to be at Jerry's World.

WrestleMania 33?  What do you think about this:

Class of 2010.

+4 HS
OH10G419's picture

Only if Iron Sheik is headlining the main event!

AngryWoody's picture

Something tells me that these guys would approve.

Our Honor Defend!

+1 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

Haven't watched wrestling in years. I was impressed. Good show. Great opening, some good young talent.

RunEddieRun1983's picture

Few thoughts:  Bray Wyatt is going to be a star like we have never seen before.  He's huge, he's fast, he can talk, he's athletic, he's just like nothing we have ever seen before.  Very excited about his future.

That said, Cena winning was the right move.  Sometimes the good guy just has to win.  That's all there is too it.

Undertaker losing was great to me.  The streak was an enigma, Lesnar is a legit badass, it worked for me and I was OK with it.

Daniel Bryan..... YES!

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

amk1616's picture

I am with you on all of those points. 

Cena "won" the match, but Bray was the star of the match.

'Taker losing makes so much sense and Brock was the perfect person to end it.  Winning this one match will cover another year of big match loses.

The Daniel Bryan payoff was so perfect.  They did such an awesome job with it.  Everybody knew he was going to win, but the way it all went down was perfect.

Cesaro eliminating The Big Show was another one of those epic 'Mania Moments.

I think it will be really cool to look back in a couple of years at Wrestlemania 30 and see how it launched the new stars (DB, Cesaro, Wyatt, the Shield)

BassDropper's picture

r.i.p. to the Ultimate Warrior. 

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

The entire battle royal I kept saying to my buddy "who is the guy in the yellow and black trunks, he looks awesome". He kept eliminating people so finally asked some guy in the table next to me. He said Cesaro. I was like "who is that". He looked great and easily scopped up Big Show.

I was hoping they would finally cave and have Cena break bad. He is pretty stale. Make him bad, get him a new finishing move. I guess he is involved with too many outside projects to go heel, but I think it would be good for the longevity of his career.