Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Anyone claiming to be the world's biggest Reds' fan is now in 2nd place

OSU_ALUM_05's picture
April 4, 2014 at 1:45pm
39 Comments
GoReds

teddyballgame's picture

Hah.  Love how he taunted him with the glove too...

+6 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Will Adams get suspended like Marcus Smart? He shoved the dude unprovoked from my vantage point...

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+5 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

He might be more worried about one of these next time he faces the reds.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Point taken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+2 HS
southbay's picture

I think you're right.  That fan had every right to catch that ball, so far as I know, someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.  But I would say the taunting was not unprovoked.

+3 HS

God this is so much awesome.Too bad we blew the game and the series by a lousy run.

Hah I didnt even catch it myself because its so early in the season.. Thanks and upvote to you.

+1 HS
BrewstersMillions's picture

As is the case with most seasons, the highlight of a Reds baseball season comes before the All Star break.

4-6 seconds from point A to point B and when you get to point B, be pissed off

+1 HS
route4buckeye's picture

What a bunch of white trash.

+3 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Now, now. They came across the river from Kentucky. 

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Well played Brother - If they were ever lived in the great state - they'd be kicked out.

southbay's picture

Yeah, but it's the Cardinals...

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

I know of three OSU fans we can send their way if they need more...

May you R.I.P. Otsego, but know this. Gaylord Rocks!

KBonay's picture

assume you are talking about the blonde barking in the back as the 'big' fan....

+1 HS
KeithMC33's picture

That Blonde could be our other starting OG opposite of Meechy this year! Hopefully we can sign her before Brady Hoke invites her to the scUM BBQ!

BuckeyeSouth's picture

I love how the guy in the Votto jersey gives a "me too" middle finger to the Cardinals player.

Embrace it.

+3 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

That fight still pisses me off...where I come from, surrounding one guy with four others and then taking shots at him constitute jumping him, and defending himself should not result in any punishment. such B.S.

Can't beat em 11 on 11, let's try 6 on 1!

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I just found my wall poster for my man cave!!!!!!!!!

+2 HS
NashBuckeye's picture

Typical F$&@ing Cardinal!!  Go Reds! (Where they are going I have no idea)

+1 HS
route4buckeye's picture

Lol. Typical Reds fan. Doesn't even know where they're playing next.

-3 HS
route4buckeye's picture

LOL. REDS SUCK SOMETHING FIERCE MANE.

-2 HS

Wow bro you really lets us Reds fans have didnt you? Route 4 so I'm guessing you are in the Fairfield or Hamilton area? And a Cardinals fan? What next let me guess a Patriots or Steelers fan? Yankees too? Jesus Christ we dont need the lil bandwagon wigs. Buckeye Nation is big enough bub.

-1 HS
route4buckeye's picture

I do. And no, I'm not a bandwagon fan. I've been watching the Cards since I was a little kid back in the 90s. Watching McGwire, JD Drew, Edgar Renteria, Fernando Tatis, and Darryl Kile (RIP) to name a few. It's funny you would mention bandwagon fans considering the Reds fanbase is the most fickle fanbase in baseball. 50% of those who go to games care about free pizza more than their baseball team. Lmao.

-2 HS
route4buckeye's picture

I despise all those teams you listed too, Lol. So please. Tell me I'm a bandwagon fan when I've paid $129.99 to watch my team play every season since 2010 when I got my first job.

gm3jones's picture

You put a winner on the field and you get more passionate fans-- pretty simple. Cards have been very good lately so of course the passion for the team is going to sky rocket. Let your team sink into the depressed state of Cincy and see if your singing the same tune.

There is nothing more remarkable as learning to think better.

I notice you still did not mention what NFL or NBA teams you are a fan of. Most Cardinal fans here in the Cincinnati area are younger bandwagoners. Just like in Columbus in the late 90's there was a splurge of Vulvarine fans. I never really got how kids in certain areas can grow up loving the bitter rival of their local teams. Ehh some people just want to be different I guess,Im sure it has nothing to do with who is winning the most at that given time.

route4buckeye's picture

I'm a Colts fan. Same thing as a little kid. I don't really pay attention to the NBA other than rooting for Mike Conley & the Grizzlies. Why can't you like a different team than the town you live in? I never got the hostility about it. I don't mind Michigan fans here in Ohio if they know what the hell they're talking about. I know my stuff and I pay money to watch both of my teams and have been for years. Don't see how that makes me a bandwagoner, but whatever makes you feel better.

route4buckeye's picture

I can say most fans in Cincinnati are bandwagoners as well. Every team has them. Agree to disagree. I love my team and watch every game and know obscure shit just like I do for my Buckeyes. Who are you to judge.

-1 HS

Seem to have struck a nerve I see.Im sure the Colts and Cardinals and Grizzlies are more then happy to have your money and support.I was trying to make a point and I think that has been accomplished. 

+1 HS
route4buckeye's picture

No nerve has been struck, you're just a butthurt Reds fan.

-1 HS

Nah the reds are on the upswing junior. I just cant stand this younger generation of mouthy lil wannabes who pick and choose their favorite teams from all across the Country depending on who was doing the best when they were a teenager. Stick that in Moms garter strap and tell her I said thanks for helping pay the Bengals rent.

-1 HS
route4buckeye's picture

The Reds are on the upswing? They haven't won a home playoff game in over 20 years! They haven't advanced in the playoffs since 1990! They've been stagnant for decades even before I was born. Just because I'm young (20), doesn't mean I'm not knowledgeable. I'm not mouthy at all. When someone talks shit about your favorite team and players, you want to defend them, right? If there was a UM fan on here mouthing off about our team and Braxton, you would run to defend them, correct? Same thing I'm doing.

I would get what you're saying if I said my favorite teams were the Red Sox, Heat, and Lakers. But the Cards and Colts? Please... All my teams are within five hours of me. So stop your judging and continue to think the Reds are on the upswing with a leadoff man that can't hit, an overrated second baseman, shoddy defense, a shortstop that is limited on both sides, a weak bullpen, and a manager that is over his head. Good luck with that. Have fun getting swept today and this upcoming week and the rest of the month.

-1 HS
route4buckeye's picture

You're a Cavs fan and live in Cincinnati. That's farther away than the Colts are. What a bandwagoner.

-1 HS

I lived in  Columbus,Ohio for over 10 years of my life junior. I attended HS and college there also. Experienced my first everything there. Ive traveled all across the U.S. and I am one that actually takes pride in being from Ohio. I support the Reds/Bengals because I was born in Cincinnati. Cleveland is the only NBA team in Ohio and Ive been a fan since the Larry Nance,Ron Harper,Brad Daugherty,Mark Price days. I remember when MJ hit "The Shot" against us and crushed most of our dreams. I do not give Browns or Indians fans hell because I also will support those teams and I appreciate fans who can stick around through years of misery.We are a different breed and different generation is all.

route4buckeye's picture

Well I don't appreciate you calling me a bandwagon fan. I am obviously not.

+1 HS
gm3jones's picture

Meh-- don't know why you are letting people get to you. I am a Reds fan and I can give two rats ass if you are a cards fan. Good for you and your team. Maybe one day I can talk crap about my team beating your team in the NLDS-- who knows. Dont know why so many people get so defensive over subjective opionions of others.

There is nothing more remarkable as learning to think better.