Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Crew Part Ways with Team President Mark McCullers

jeremytwoface's picture
March 24, 2014 at 11:35am
16 Comments

Looks like the fans weren't the only ones unhappy with the TV deal.

Mark McCullers offered his "resignation" and will step down as the Crew's president at the end of April.

One Bad Buckeye's picture

Thank God....how long is the stupid TV deal with TWC for?

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Too long...

It could be over in a day and that's too long.

It's pretty sad when I can watch like 5 or 6 BPL games a week but can't watch the team that plays about 15 to 20 miles away from my house.

Twitter tells me that The Crew look pretty good this year.... 

The first man gets the Oyster, the second man gets the shell.

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

First 2-0-0 start ever.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

TWC is pissing off a lot of clients with bad decision after bad decision

DWright's picture

Rare to see a little Crew talk on this site so a little off topic here but let me say that I LOVE the Crew and hope we can retain Berhalter for longer than a season assuming he has a good year.

jeremytwoface's picture

That's why there's a place for it...

The "Other Sports" forum actually says "MLS" in the description.

I know there a few Crew fans out there so I'm trying to get some discussion going on the topic... I like Berhalter a lot so far, but I haven't been able to watch any games. But the highlights look good! lol

Bolt's picture

Anyone in Columbus know if 4th street still has the Crew matches on tv? Need somewhere to watch the Seattle match on Saturday night. Haven't been to 4th street since pregaming for "Dos a Cero" 2013 edition.

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Love 4th street....

I'm pretty sure they have them. I know they had the opener at least.

Bolt's picture

Nice. If they had the opener they should definitely have this weekend's match. Lucky for us, it looks like Dempsey's going to be suspended for that one. Another big one the following weekend at home against Toronto. I hope they can keep this form...tough 3 game stretch (after the opener with DC's sorry ass team) to kick start the season.

jeremytwoface's picture

Yeah the Sounders are going to be tough even without Dempsey.... Toronto might be trouble as well but it's at home so hopefully that will help. If they can get through the next couple games without a loss, this could be a special team.

Seattle Linga's picture

The Sounders are dangerous with or without Dempsey. Martins and Naegle are so tough and quick. I couldn't pass up a quick chat about my Sounders - hope it's ok? 

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

That's fine with me....

And I totally agree with you. Seattle's going to be tough. It doesn't help that we are playing in their place this week...

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

It's raining and 55 degrees - perfect weather for a match

Bolt's picture

What, Seattle Linga...you from Seattle or somethin'??

I know Seattle's extremely tough with or without Deuce...but given the choice? I'm happier with him out.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Just a front - actually livin the dream here in Jamaca - Buckeye Football here is huge - When I yell ..........................."O-H" .......I keep hearing "I O MAN" back ....... they still don't get it. 

I really like their new Black tops - kinda cool

+1 HS