Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

WezBuck28's picture

Don't see them picking anyone up offensively, they have a few young guys who will get the opportunity to play after some position changes on the o line..look for Trevor Robinson and David Pollock to fill those holes..

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Nice to see a Bengals thread for once. The 4 billion Browns threads were starting to get annoying.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+7 HS
gobucks96's picture

Approving this message...

+2 HS
psibuck's picture

Anyone have any thoughts on the Bengals draft picks?  I haven't read a single mock draft article to see what the Mel Kipers of the world are saying.  I think they should look for a CB or S in the first 2 rounds.  The secondary last year was a big liability. 

WezBuck28's picture

They are looking for a CB in the first round, second round may be " best available", and from them on out, OL/C, DE, and possibly even a QB to pressure Dalton..just have to wait and see I guess..

HomeBrewed's picture

It's frustrating that their only action in FA is cutting cook and losing Johnson, albeit he was over paid. They desperately need to keep Collins and build depth across the line. As for the draft, this is where Mike Brown usually steps in to F it up. Thankfully Marvin has held him in check the last few years. His blunders from the past are beyond egregious.  

Clever Statement

+1 HS
jenks's picture

Did you say David Klingler and Dave Shula?

HomeBrewed's picture

What I meant was Bruce Coslet and Akili Smith....woof. Or maybe even taking Chris Perry over Steven Jackson. 

Clever Statement

hodge's picture

The Bengals drafting has improved ten-fold over the past few years, the reason being that Lewis fought for -- and won -- Mike Brown to hand over some of his power to him and the rest of his front office staff.  Sure, Brown's still a stubborn pain-in-the-ass, but he's not nearly as bad as he used to be.

I heard something interesting on ESPN radio the other day: good teams typically aren't big players in free agency.  Sure, you'll see a marquee move here and there, but good teams generally go for the solid, middle-of-the-road (read: cheaper) players rather than the big-budget guys (Denver notwithstanding -- they have to win now).  Good teams tend to build in the draft, rather than handicapping themselves with stratospheric contracts in free agency.  I mean, look at the Eagles two years ago: it isn't always all it's cracked up to be.

andretolstoy's picture

And by, middle of the road,  you mean, but still pretty good...?

Seattle Linga's picture

Just a little Bengal love for the southern Ohio fans - vintage style

+2 HS