Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

What if? Trades between sports?

BenW's picture
February 19, 2014 at 3:27pm
12 Comments

I've seen a lot of stuff recently from the NBA trade machine on ESPN, and just thought it would be cool if cities could trade players from different sports to other cities. Like, would Miami take Puig and Jamal Crawford in exchange for Lebron? Would Detroit take the UC Men's Basketball Team in exchange for Matthew Stafford and a 3rd round pick? Which Red Sox would Boston give up for AJ Green? Would Cincinnati accept Ellsbury and Middlebrooks?

OSU_1992_UFM's picture

Im not sure how to respond to this question

UFM_Renewal

+1 HS
buckeyeEddie27's picture

I'm here for the reactionary gifs.   <cue Colbert pop corn gif>

I know there's a game Saturday, and my ass will be there.

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Either you're high or I am.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+5 HS
NCBuckeye1's picture

"In the first round of the inter-sports draft, Charlotte trades the entire Charlotte Bobcats, that's right, the whole team, for AJ Green and a player to be named later, most likely Vontaze Burfict. With the compensatory pick received from the Panthers, the Bengals select Earl Thomas and from Seattle, and send a minor league OF prospect to the Mariners."

"Without winners, there wouldn't even be civilization." -- Woody

+3 HS
BenW's picture

If Michael Jordan makes a Seattle - exclusive shoe I don't think anyone says no.

+1 HS
NCBuckeye1's picture

Oh yeah, the Air Seahawks, available only in Seattle. Must show driver's license, proof of residence, etc. That was thrown in as cash considerations in the initial trade.

"Without winners, there wouldn't even be civilization." -- Woody

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

That's pretty creative NC - since the hawks have won the big game it's been a crazy marketingfest out here,

+1 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

The entire rosters of both the Cleveland Cavaliers and Cleveland Browns in exchange for a bottle of cheap booze, some Slim Jims and my dignity.

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Don't forget a can of these.........

+1 HS
703Buckeye's picture

Bo for Bo...

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+3 HS