Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Winter Olympics

RBuck's picture
February 7, 2014 at 1:18pm
33 Comments

So, what are you looking forward to watching?

Me: Downhill, Bobsled and Curling.

TMac's picture

Curling is one of those things that only come into conciousness every four years! 

+2 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

I know a watched a lil bit of couples figure skating last night while channel surfing and I became hypnotized by the bathing suits some of those chics had on.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+1 HS
JACKTATUMSFOREARM's picture

Pics or it didn't happen.

+1 HS
Doc's picture

I like the skiing and the short track skating. But I'll watch all of it

"Say my name."

+2 HS
TMac's picture

Short Track is the closest the Olympics comes to Football!

-1 HS
Doc's picture

I like the intensity of it. One mistake and you've lost. Does anyone know if Apollo Ohno is competing this time?

"Say my name."

TMac's picture

Ohno Retired after Vancuver

Seattle Linga's picture

He's one of the announcers on NBC's coverage of the Olympics

sharks's picture

Curling is actually pretty intense. Hockeys going to be awesome this time around

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+1 HS
Maestro's picture

Team Shitting

If you have seen any of the pics of the atrocious facilities over there you completely understand.

vacuuming sucks

+1 HS

Can't wait for the 5 man team dumper competition!

+4 HS
Doc's picture

Leave it to the Russians to cock up the Olympics. "Pardon me, could you spare a square?"

"Say my name."

Seattle Linga's picture

I went to private school in high school and that pic looks like our shared Hoppers back then. Brings back some nightmares. I always thought it was strange how I could be taking care of business, reading my S.I. and someone walks in and asks me "What's Up"?

Where is the love?

Unky Buck's picture

I'm definitely looking forward to curling. It's one of my favorite Olympic competitions (winter or summer). This year, I may watch some of the female curling too in order to catch a glimpse of this beauty, Anna Sidorova (and here and here)- the captain of the Russian team. (She is scantily clad, so click if you wish but the last one is definitely my favorite). I do also enjoy the skiing and snowboarding events and will watch the bobsled if only to see how the Jamaicans do, lol.

Edit: And hockey. Can't believe I left that off. I really enjoy the hockey and it's a great end to the 2 weeks.

+2 HS

Unky, please tell me that the pictures you linked show the actual Russian curling uniform.  If so I love curling too.

Unky Buck's picture

Well, we'd only be so lucky if those were the uniforms, but alas, they are not.

Rjpfish2's picture

I didn't know so many people enjoyed curling! Personally, I think it's the worst excuse for a sport since swimming. Give me Hockey, Ski Jumping, and Bobsledding/Skeleton and you can keep the other drivel... 

Unky Buck's picture

For me it's a precision and strategy. That's why I enjoy. I won't speak for others, but that's what does it for me. I've always enjoyed games that make you think out a move.

+2 HS
TMac's picture

And then execute. It's fun every four years!

Rjpfish2's picture

I do find it fascinating and it has to be incredibly difficult to master. I just can't watch it for more than 10-15 mins at a time.

Colin's picture

It's shuffleboard on ice. What's not to love?

Crumb's picture

I can't wait for Hockey, I think team USA has a great chance to take the Gold!!!

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

BassDropper's picture

This is actually the first time I will ever watch the Winter Olympics. I'll watch as many events as possible, but really looking forward to the Hockey. Wanna see Bob for Russia and obviously root for the USA

DIRECTIONER

Rjpfish2's picture

Anisimov, Tyutin, and Nikitin add some CBJ flavor to the Russian team as well.     GO USA   

Colin's picture

So far the morning has been dedicated to ice dancing... I don't have a problem with figure skating but dancing should not be a sport. 

CarolinaBuck's picture

Cheering for the Ruskies in hockey if the Americans don't make it. Four players from the CBJ on their team.

+1 HS
OSUStu's picture

COMMIE! COMMIE! TRAITOR TO OUR COUNTRY!

(JK, JK)

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Curling love me some curling. Short track speed skating also, that stuff just gets crazy.

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

I thought about speed skating as well after I posted. Apparently there are a lot of events that I enjoy with the Winter Olympics.

krodawg's picture

Hockey, bobsled, downhill, speed skating, luge, skeleton...really I enjoy most of the events sans figure skating and ice dancing.

Seattle Linga's picture

Hockey for sure - short track - ski jumping - curling - ok all of it I guess.

jenks's picture

Anyone else can't stand half-pipe and slope style?