Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Martell takes unorthodox route to be able to enroll early

+8 HS
Defiance's picture
December 13, 2016 at 6:08pm
37 Comments

So I know we're all familiar with the name Tate Martell by now, right?

Here's a nugget that I didn't know about so if you already knew it, you're one up on me BUT if not, here's my chance to pass one along.

So here's how this one goes:

Ever since he committed to Ohio State back in the summer, QB Tate Martell has stated his desire to enroll early in Columbus to be able to go through winter workouts and spring practice.

There was one problem with that plan though: Martell's school, Las Vegas (NV) Bishop Gorman, doesn't allow students to graduate high school early.

One man's problem is another one's opportunity for solution, right?

So not to be held back from enrolling early, Tate has a plan (but of course he does) 

In order for Martell to be able to graduate in time to enroll at Ohio State in early-January, the four-star signal caller has apparently transferred schools, to local Desert Pines, for the rest of the high school semester, per USA Today HS Sports.

"I had to transfer to Desert Pines to graduate early," Martell told USA Today. "I graduate on Friday."

As they say, there's more than one way to skin a cat. Although I never understood what it really meant, I think it applies in this instance. 

The latest is great news for the Buckeyes, as it's always ideal to have quarterbacks on campus early, so that they can dive head-in to the playbook and get as many reps as possible during the spring.

Martell will compete with Joe Burrow, Dwayne Haskins, and Stephen Collier this spring for either the starting job (if J.T. Barrett leaves) or the back-up job.

Link for the read if you'd like to see it with your own 11W eyes.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 37 Comments