Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

4-star Hunter Echols decommits from UCLA one week after some interesting OSU comments

+6 HS
ajskiba23's picture
July 22, 2016 at 10:26pm
51 Comments

Just as Chase Young was committing to Ohio State, Hunter Echols decommits from UCLA. Echols is a 4-star defensive end from Los Angeles. Just last week at The Opening, he stated he was hoping for a Buckeyes offer.

Our good old friend Birm had this in his article: ""I'm thinking hard about the Buckeyes," Echols said. "I've always been a fan of Ohio State, just from growing up watching football. Playing for them would be awesome.""

Went on to say the following: "I talked to a lot of their guys out there (at The Opening). They were just telling me that they want me to get offered so we can ramp this recruitment up. Their coaches have been on break. Mark Pantoni says just wait. I love what they have going on over there and hopefully I can be part of it."

Echols is 6'4, and weighing 230 lbs. He has 31 offers at the moment, including from schools such as Alabama, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee, and USC. He's the nation's #97 overall player, and #7 WDE.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 51 Comments