Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

DT Recruiting?

+2 HS
awlinBrutus's picture
June 30, 2016 at 10:46am
28 Comments

Been a lot of angst about the DT recruiting the last few cycles. Seems like we are either whiffing on the big timers late or signing the few we get early on in the cycle. Same could be said @ OT as well. Has this become a specific strategy?

Bosa got on the field more his freshman year inside. I see the same thing happening to Nick this year. he'll definitely be the 3rd man in the DE rotation if he is truly ahead of his brother at this time in his career,  he'll be a big help inside strengthening that rotation as well.

Since Coach Meyer took over,  6 DE's out of high school have transitioned to DT by design. This looks more like a targeted strategy than guys just growing into a position naturally. This illustrates Coach Meyer's belief that you need a lot of speed on a defense to be aggressive. We are seeing it with DB's in HS becoming linebackers etc etc. So now that I get it, the next time we whiff on a big time DT, I won't be so worried. Urban's got this.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments