Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

A-C's Jordan Leasure headed to Ohio State to play football

+1 HS
Defiance's picture
February 11, 2016 at 2:04pm
23 Comments

While many of us on 11W are more fanatical than fan, I like to think I fall somewhere between those two but when I saw this article I couldn't recall hearing his name before.

Leasure, who is a three-sport standout, including wrestling and track — he is the No. 1 ranked 195-pounder in the state in Division II wrestling this season and qualified for the state track meet in the 110 hurdles last season — will begin his career as a running back when he reports to Ohio State.

Leasure was on Ohio State’s radar last season, and when he went for a recruiting visit, the coaching staff told him to continue to work hard and they would keep an eye on him.

Although Leasure could have gone to other schools, he was holding out hope that Ohio State had a spot for him. When the school offered him a preferred walk-on spot, he jumped at the chance.

“Ohio State has always been my top choice,” Leasure said. “I am really excited and wish I could start camp right now. I know I have a lot of hard work in front of me, but I am looking forward to proving myself.”

Here's a link for the full read.

Amanda-Clearcreek's head football coach is Scott Hinton. Any chance there's a connection between Tim  and Scott?  Has anyone else heard of this story?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments