Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Fast starts in 2017 recruiting

0 HS
Defiance's picture
February 9, 2016 at 10:46am
23 Comments

I know, we just wrapped up NSD for the 2016 class and this guy is talking about 2017?! 

While I see your point, anyone who spends any amount of time on 11W knows that recruiting is 24/7 365/year and if you're not keeping up than you're catching up so here's a short and sweet breakdown of the very young 2017 recruiting cycle.

1. Ohio State | 10 commits

Urban Meyer recruits at an elite level every cycle. He did it in 2016 and the Buckeyes are well on their way to another powerful class this go-around. The group already has all the elements of a traditionally loaded Ohio State class: instate dominance combined with elite national spot recruiting. The Buckeyes already have done an amazing job in Ohio with five of the top seven prospects committed

2. Alabama | 8 commits

It looks like the six-time defending National Recruiting Champions aren’t going to wait until signing day for the big finish this cycle. The Crimson Tide have already positioned themselves early on to keep the recruiting title in Tuscaloosa

3. Miami | 10 commits

It’s a group that has a heavy local flavor, the recipe Miami needs as new coach Mark Richt begins to rebuild the once proud Hurricanes program. All 10 verbal commits for Miami are in state and seven are from the always loaded grounds of south Florida.

4. Baylor | 7 commits

5. Clemson | 6 commits

6. Notre Dame | 5 commits

7. Oklahoma | 5 commits

8. Florida State | 5 commits

9. North Carolina | 5 commits

10. Iowa | 5 commits

Here's a link for those who want the full read.

It's no surprise that tOSU is the #1 rated class at this point but what are the chances that things stay that way? Ask me about a year from now...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments