Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Is CB Wayne Davis the most undervalued OSU commit?

0 HS
Buckeyejohn's picture
February 2, 2016 at 8:39am
22 Comments

After the big Fuller boom I realized I didn't really know all that much about our other secondary commits. After researching Davis I don't understand why most recruiting services have him so low. The Norfolk (VA) standout was named Virginia Gatorade Player of the Year in 2015. Davis compiled 30 receptions for 645 yards and six touchdowns and returned five of his six interceptions for touchdowns. Despite his outstanding resume, most recruiting services have him as a three star or low four star. 247 and ESPN have him as a three star with ESPN ranking him as just #21 in Virginia alone. Scout ranks Davis the highest at four stars and #261 overall. 

I'm not saying Davis should be considered a top 100 player, but it is baffling that any site would have him as a three star. I understand why raw players like Jahsen Wint and Rodjay Burns are merely three star prospects at this point, but why is a fundamentally sound and pure corner with all the accolades ranked so low? Did Davis  get knocked for refusing to play the recruiting circuit game or for his 5-11/187 size? Someone please enlighten me because it feels like Davis may be another under-the-radar wrecking ball like Denzel Ward. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments