Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Hurry Up for the Saturday before signing day: A humble attempt by 2204

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
January 30, 2016 at 9:12pm
65 Comments

Quick Update: Swenson committed to Oklahoma. He was good enough for Stoops but not Harbaugh. Good for him.

Well, the Senior Bowl had a distinctive Buckeye flavor to it. Braxton, Vannett, Powell, Washington, and Perry all represented OSU well this week and I think they all likely improved their draft stock. A shout out also to Noah Spence, who will always be a Buckeye in our hearts and mind. Noah made himself a lot of money this week for sure.

Stanford 2- TTUN 0: "They said" we are obsessed with Harbaugh but as Sun Tzu in the Art of War said: Keep you friends close and your enemies closer.

1. There was some crazy cosmic justice going on this weekend where TTUN had a reverse Swenson happen to them. TTUN lost 4 star top 250 OT Devery Hamilton who flipped to Harbaugh's old stomping grounds Stanford. Can you blame him? Stanford is one of the most prestigious academic universities in the country, and makes TTUN look like the University of Phoenix (not that there is anything wrong with the U of Phoenix) Interestingly, Swenson was an OT along with Hamilton, so they are down to one OT (Bredeson) and two Guards. Peppers and future Michigander Rashan Gary better brush up on their Offensive Tackle skills.

2. Tonight, Donald Stewart who was deciding between Stanford and TTUN picked the more prestigious academic institution and chose Stanford. What's fascinating is Partridge was Stewart's former coach at Paramus Catholic. Stewart was also one of survivors of the snow-in with Harbaugh and Partridge. The snow-in was a blessing in disguise for non-UM fans. Perhaps spending all that time with Harbaugh makes it harder to hide the creep factor. You can only keep it under wraps for so long.

Now back to the Buckeyes. It was Grime Time for key 5 star 2017 receiver Trevon Grimes from St. Thomas Aquinas, as he visited Florida this weekend. He made it out of the visit alive, and after the visit reaffirmed that OSU was indeed still number one with Florida now in second place. He must have strong willpower to be able to resist all of Florida's propaganda. Without a quarterback and offense it will be difficult to pry Grimes away from OSU. Especially with the Bosa's and Cris Carter gently nudging him to OSU.

On the Homefront. Clemson ventured into Ohio and landed a commit from Cincinnati St. Xavier 4 star OL for 2017 Matt Bockhorst. For some reason this doesn't really bother me. Now if he would have gone to play for Notre Dame and Brian Kelly I would have been more perturbed. I am at peace with this because I like Dabo. Bockhorst mentioned the strong family feeling at Clemson, and I think he will be in good hands there. I guess the question is, was he on our board and will Urban continue to pursue him, but that is above my pay grade and I will defer to those more qualified.

For your daily Mecole update, Hardman and Haskins are having a good time representing our country at an all star game this weekend. Mecole has officially changed his Twitter banner and no longer has Haskins and him regaled in Buckeye gear. Well, It was fun while it lasted.

As far as those who are visiting OSU this weekend, a few have made their presence known on social media. Top 2017 DL Fred Hansard said wassup to Columbus, and K'von Wallace posted a photo of himself in Buckeye gear with a big smile on his face.

We are now in the homestretch with a just a few days until Monday, and then signing day on Wednesday. Monday will clear a lot of things up when Fuller and Hamlin announce one after the other. I'm hoping for an 8 star Monday but will be happy with just a four star Monday.

Its hard to predict who will be in the class. Some say Fuller and Harrison are the most likely. It could really end up any combination of Fuller, Hamlin, Wallace, Harrison, King, and even Pridgeon, who is visiting today as well. We will know soon enough and then be onto the 2017 class.

In the meantime, let's enjoy the ride. I will be busy holding an around the clock prayer vigil for us to finish strong. Contact me for which time slot you want. I will also be sacrificing a bull to try and influence Rashan's mom to allow Gary to attend Alabama or Clemson. Rest assured though, even with Gary and Asiasi they will finish behind us in the 24/7 composite rankings and that's even without us adding another member to our class. Which is highly unlikely. So be of good cheer.

This Hurry Up has been brought to you by Harbaugh's recruiting strategy. Here they are in a staff meeting. Remember don't feed the trolls, of which I need to take my own advice. Click here for advice. http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-football/2015/10/62437/ho...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 65 Comments