Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Recruiting Talk Pet Peeve (don't crucify me)

0 HS
buckeyeEddie27's picture
January 19, 2016 at 5:27pm
80 Comments

Ok, the title tells the story here. I have a small pet peeve when it comes to all the recruiting chatter of late.

Don't get me wrong I know who drives the recruiting train at Ohio State. One Urban F Meyer of course. He is the oracle, the yoda, the closer.

However...

In one curious case of an oft mentioned 3 star skinny necked prospect (who may possibly be a first round pick in a few weeks) Urban is repeatedly cited as the mystic who saw a Diamond in the rough and offered a relative unknown 3 star qb to be the next Shazier.

Darron Lee has replaced Little Animal as the go to example of a 3 star kid turned 1st round Beast. And that's great. I love Darron Lee. He is all heart & all Buckeye. Always was.

~but~

Urban Meyer didn't recruit Darron Lee. Luke Fickell Did.

Luke Fickell saw, what we all give Urban Meyer credit for all day every day, in Darron Lee. A hometown kid who worked his ass off to get the offer he dreamed of, and had all the potential in the world. It WAS Luke who convinced Urban to take a second or even 3rd look at Lee.

Look. I love Urban. Best recruiter in America. I know he had & always has final say But we can thank Fick for Lee. All Day. Every day.

/end rant.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 80 Comments