Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Schiano putting in work on Rashan Gary, may have put us back in the race.

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
December 14, 2015 at 4:27pm
95 Comments

Kudos to OSULewis for seeing this article from Brian Dohn on Scout. Dohn believes with the addition of Schiano that we are back in the race for Gary. He has talked to his mother twice and his setting up a visit for after the dead period. I'm cautiously optimistic and will be much more intrigued if he takes his last open visit with the Buckeyes.

"Ohio State was involved with the No. 1 player in the nation for a while, but the addition of former Rutgers and NFL coach Greg Schiano to the coaching staff could have the Buckeyes squarely back in the race.

Jennifer Coney, the mother of top recruit Rashan Gary, had a pair of phone conversations with Schiano, who was named the Buckeyes defensive coordinator. In addition, Gary, whom Schiano offered as an eighth grader when he was the coach at Rutgers, spoke with Schiano.

"(Ohio State defensive line coach) Larry Johnson was at the house twice and after the dead period, Schiano and Johnson are going to come by," Coney said. "I know that football will take care of itself. (Schiano) said the academic part is what you and your mom seem most concerned about. I like that. He didn't talk about football too much with Rashan. He spoke more academically, and I like that."

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1622945-new-schoo...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 95 Comments