Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

This Date In Gray Box History: Chad Hagan (8-6)

Matt Gutridge's picture
August 6, 2015 at 9:38am
6 Comments

This series will highlight the commitment anniversary date of Ohio State players. I have commitment dates from 2003-2015.

Note: I don't have all of the commitment dates for all of the players from those years, but I have the majority. 

Chad Hagan

Chad Hagan had a .841 comp. rating and was the 75th ranked S in the 2010.

ON AUGUST 6, 2009 CHAD HAGAN (S) COMMITTED TO OHIO STATE

An article written by Tim May of dispatch.com:

Chad Hagan knew his final college choice was no secret, so after getting one more look at Ohio State, the safety/running back became the 11th commitment to the 2010 recruiting class.

"I wanted to commit for a long time," Hagan said. "I just wanted to make sure it was the right place. I prayed about it last night, and thought about it a lot, and today was just a great day."

Hagan, 6 feet 2 and 230 pounds from Canonsburg, Pa., ran a 4.29-second 40-yard dash in March, and backed that up two weeks ago with a 4.33. He also had scholarship offers from Michigan, Wisconsin, Syracuse and North Carolina State.

He said he picked OSU "because it's a great school. And the football, it's just ridiculous how everybody in that state roots for Ohio State.

Chad Hagan's Ohio State career per Alex Gleitman of 247.com:

Hagan was going to be used in the Tyler Moeller or Darron Lee mold, but it was found he had a heart condition in high school. The Buckeyes honored his scholarship and hoped he would overcome his medical issues, but that was not the case, as he had to leave the team in 2012 with a medical hardship.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 6 Comments