Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Ohio State Targets/Commits @ The Opening

0 HS
305Buck's picture
July 9, 2015 at 7:38pm
44 Comments

Wiltfong on Mack

Mack is coming off a labrum injury and has starred in his first three events, The Opening Regional in Ohio, the IMG national championships in Florida and now here.

Sources say that OSU feels they landed a top three or four WR in the country with Mack. Urban Meyer was very involved in his recruitment so it's obvious the Hoosier State standout was high on the board.

Wiltfong on Hamlin

I continue to like the Buckeyes here. OSU commits also confident they'll ultimately land Hamlin

Wiltfong on Hansford 

Aaron Hansford appears to be one of the, if not thee fasted LB in the country. We probably have him underranked. I like Ohio State here for him as well, great friends with Buckeyes commit Terrell Hall.

Victor seems to be tearing up The Opening as well, from everything I have seen. Corley as well. 

Rashan Gary did an interview with 247sports analyst Kipp Adams, in which he stated that he's very close to Coach LJ and is planning on visiting Ohio State again soon with Jonathon Cooper. He was also named the Alpha Dog of the event for the 2nd straight day.

Speaking of Cooper, 247sports director of scouting Barton Simmons

- Ohio State commit Jonathan Cooper isn't wearing pads but that's not slowing down his motor. Cooper creates issues for offensive linemen because he's so quick off the snap that linemen retreat well into the backfield. Once he does engage though, he's so effective at long-arming tackles and leaning into the rush that if he doesn't get to the quarterback, he's sitting an offensive lineman down in the quarterback's lap. I continue to like Cooper's development.

Simmons on Jackson

Antwuan Jackson – At 6-1, 305 pounds Antwuan Jackson isn't the biggest defensive lineman but every time he takes a snap he gives himself a chance to win the rep because of his really active and instinctive hands. Jackson's quickness off the snap and his feel as both a pass rusher and a run-stuffer made him one of the day's most productive tackles. Auburn is the current Crystal Ball leader.

Simmons on Austin Mack

Anthony Russo just put together a really nice TD drive highlighted by a long Austin Mack grab. Mack has been one of the top deep threats out here. Great ball skills

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 44 Comments