Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Know Your Enemy: Harbaugh Making Room for Rashan Gary? Others?

0 HS
The Buck Guy's picture
June 27, 2015 at 1:36am
46 Comments
Harbaugh gots plans

It seems Jim Harbaugh must believe that he has Rashan Gary on board.  He just released DT/NT Ondre Pipkins from his football scholarship; trying to get him to agree to a medical hardship.  Pipkins sure thinks that he is being released to make room for numbers in the 2016 class:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13154115/ondre-pipkins-says-michigan-wolverines-coach-jim-harbaugh-staff-pressured-quit

"I feel I'm healthy and ready to play," said Pipkins, who played last season after he was cleared to return from a torn knee ligament. "I don't want to sign the form. I wanted to play for my seniors and for the team. Coach Harbaugh said, 'I recommend you take the medical.'"

Pipkins said he felt constant pressure to retire.

"College football is a business. New coaches have to win games. They want to go with guys they think can win. If I'm a victim of making room, so be it. But if there is no concrete reason to disqualify a player, he should have the right to keep playing."

"I feel bad I wasn't able to complete this journey with my classmates," Pipkins told ESPN. "I feel I am healthy and without pain. I believe Michigan wanted to free up the scholarship. I felt I was practicing well and could compete at a high level at the nose tackle and tackle positions."

What makes this even more intriguing is the fact that Harbaugh just declined a transfer from former Notre Dame Redshirt Freshman SDE Jhonathon Williams.  Odd that he would take a pass on either of these players, while giving offers to some unranked or two-star prospects.  Their roster still seems to have room for another five recruits (est.).

I am inclined to believe that Harbaugh is confident that he will land a number of blue chippers to make a big splash on signing day.

So tell me, what does it all mean?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 46 Comments