Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Delany's Take on Satellite Camps

0 HS
BlueBayou's picture
April 29, 2015 at 1:49pm
34 Comments

Delany says any national discussion about satellite camps should also include a look at oversigning, grayshirting & "flipping" recruits.  - Stewart Mandel on Twitter

So Delaney has finally weighed in and I believe the tweet from Stewart Mandel was the first to report it.  Since then other articles have come out with some additional comments.

I view it as permissible practice. It's permissible. I don't think it's objectionable. I've never thought about it as objectionable. I think there are some things that are out there that are practices or that are legal that are probably far more objectionable than this."

What I would object to is identifying any single practice in an isolated way and focusing on that. What I would be open to is an on-the-bus overall view of recruitment, whether it's in basketball or football, to make sure there's balance on access." - ESPN Article Link

I like this move by Delaney and agree with it.  He backs his coaches while also not letting the SEC isolate the conversation to just satellite camps.  If they want to talk about these camps, fine, let's also talk about all the recruiting practices that are questionable, because surely some of the other ones are far worse than setting up a camp.

So what does everyone else think?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 34 Comments