Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

The DeSoto, TX Pipeline

0 HS
BGSUBucksFan's picture
April 15, 2015 at 4:17pm
21 Comments

With today's commitment from Tristen Wallace, the Buckeyes have now secured two DeSoto High School commitments under Urban Meyer.  Of course, we all know Dontre Wilson is the other one.

I'm not sure when you start considering a school a pipeline, but the 2017 class could add another DeSoto commit from the likes of WR Kadarrian Nixon.  While listed as a WR, Nixon could very well fit the hybrid role in OSU's offense.  Nixon has already said he would accept an Ohio State offer.  The question is, will it come?  Nixon is a bit undersized at 5'8" 170 lbs, but his speed and athleticism make him a hard prospect to pass on, especially if you want to secure an in-road into talent-rich Texas.  Today's Tristen Wallace commitment has apparently helped Nixon's already strong view of the Buckeyes.

The 5-foot-8, 170-pound speedster doesn't have a scholarship from Ohio State right now, but Meyer and wide receivers coach Zach Smith spent some time with him while he was in Columbus. The wide receiver is definitely on Ohio State's radar. 

"Coach Meyer loves me and Tristen," Nixon said. "He told us that he's going to come back (to DeSoto) in the spring. And Coach Smith, he said he was going to come up in the spring, personally. They also want me to come back up there." 

I hope the staff decides to pull the trigger on this guy.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments