Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

From Cleveland.com: Cass Tech interviews

0 HS
M Man's picture
February 27, 2015 at 9:04pm
164 Comments

I didn't see this posted elsewhere and it was a bit surprising.* 

Nice work from Ari Wasserman of Northeast Ohio Media Group, posting to Cleveland.com.  An article discussing the current state of affairs at Cass Tech, with everybody sounding rather relaxed and reflective which is a nice change.  Extended video interviews with Coach Coombs and Cass Tech HC Thomas Wilcher which are rather interesting.

But the money quote seems to have come from OSU interest Michael Onwenu (2016 DL): 

Take four-star lineman Michael Onwenu, who is in the 2016 class with Peoples-Jones, for example. He earned an early Ohio State offer and the Buckeyes were once clear favorites in his recruitment, but he told Rivals.com this week that's no longer true. 

"It's lowered a little after the (Weber) incident," Onwenu said of Ohio State. "My position is they should have told him anyway. He had a bond with the coaches, and if I had a bond with a coach and was excited to play for that coach, that is something I should know."

I just report; you decide.

*Jeremy Birmingham's customarily good reporting on OSU recruiting, along similar lines but without this particular quote from Onwenu, is of course here.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 164 Comments