Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Recruiting Slowdown?

0 HS
pdpepper's picture
February 11, 2015 at 10:44am
12 Comments

After signing the 2015 class, I've read Urban wants to slow down recruiting for the 2016 class.  Since these public comments, both Jarrett Guarantano and Justin Layne, thought to commit at any moment, have backed off to say they want to slow their recruiting down.  I'm guessing, strong emphasis on guessing, this correlates with Urban's comments.

I guess I don't understand why we would slow things down. Urban recruits the OSU committed guys as hard as he recruits those that are undeclared, so it's not a matter of time efficiency.  You would have to think the staff already has their sure fire commits they would accept (like Guarantano and Layne).  I understand slowing things down for the last recruits in the class that are on the border, but not the sure fire guys.

I figured you would want to ride the momentum of the National Championship.  Also, the guys who commit early get closer to the coaching staff and the other commits in the class (a key reason I believe we missed on Porter Gustin).  Again, understand slowing down for the last commits in the class, but not the guys we know we'd take.

Any thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments