Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Can We Take 29?

0 HS
joebuckeye5's picture
February 3, 2015 at 12:56pm
35 Comments

Now this is being incredibly optimistic, but we do have Urban Meyer and are the reigning, defending National Champions of the world so there is reason for optimism.  What if we keep all our current recruits (Weber and Gibson appear to be the only flip possibilities) which currently puts us at 25.  Then Urban pulls a rabbit out of his hat and gets all four of Beckner (I know this one is slim to none, but it is Urban), Gustin, Hill, and Prince.  That would put us at 29 recruits.  This I believe would be fine for the recruiting period given the 4 early enrollees.  However, this seems like it would be a lot of recruits and potentially put us 6-8 people over the scholarship limit of 85.

My questions are would it be normal to lose 6-8 players to attrition in a given offseason?  Would we even take 29 if all these guys wanted to come on board?  Do we have a magic number (27, 28) where we would stop taking recruits?  I know some of you out there are recruiting geniuses so your input would be much appreciated.  GO BUCKS!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments