Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Mike Weber - Detroit News article

0 HS
teddyballgame's picture
February 1, 2015 at 10:29pm
87 Comments

No. 1 Blue Chip player Mike Weber made huge strides
on his recruitment:

Weber took his official visit to Ohio State in December, watched them practice, and felt the Buckeyes had an excellent chance to win the national championship. They defeated Alabama in the semifinals, then Oregon for the national title.

"When I went there and watched them practice -- the hard work they put in was unbelievable, so I thought they'd win the national title," Weber said. "I went to Ohio State in December and that was my only visit."

New Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh made a big push to try to get Weber to reverse field and flip back to Michigan. While Weber didn't return phone calls or texts Sunday, he said recently he was "solid on Ohio State."

"I grew up a Michigan fan and it's always been a school I wanted to go to, play for, and that's why I made my decision to go there early," Weber said. "But when it went downhill and they lost Brady Hoke and didn't know who they would bring in, I committed to Ohio State. Then they hired (Jim) Harbaugh, but I was pretty solid on Ohio State because I wanted to try something different.

"I talked to Coach Harbaugh a few times and he's a real energized guy, a cool guy," Weber added. "I think he understands (why I'm going to Ohio State). He just wanted to get to know me."

Take it for what it's worth to you... I think he's solid.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 87 Comments