Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Tight End Recruiting?

0 HS
Stellar's picture
November 19, 2014 at 12:27am
20 Comments

With this class filling up fast I am wondering what the teams plans for the future of the TE position are.

There don't seem to be any targeys left on the board at TE in this class. Are there any names out there that I should be aware of? Perhaps we try to get Josh Moore back or try to flip Chris Clarke from that trainwreck up north or have those ships sailed?

With Josh Moore turning to Kansas we have no TEs in this class and we got no TEs in last years class as well. In fact we really only have one TE in the last 4 recruiting classes with Marcus Baugh and he is probably on his last strike with the discipline problems he's had. Can we really afford to be that thin at TE moving forward?

There are some options to move guys on the team to TE. Perhaps they move Sam Hubbard back to offense or one of the bigger WRs like Noah Brown or AJ Alexander plays as sort of a move TE role. But is that the best position for those guys?

I know Tight End isn't the sexiest position at OSU but its an important role in this offense and we're short on bodies. We should be fine next season with Vannett as the starter and Baugh as the second but after that were may be looking at Baugh and then whatever freshmen we get in 2016. And when is the last time we had a freshman TE that was ready to play at a high level?

I'm sure the staff will make some moves to shore up the TE position. Any thoughts on what those will be?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments