Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

MSU hosting several Ohio State Targets

0 HS
OkayIllbethe12th's picture
November 8, 2014 at 2:33pm
19 Comments

While we all know tonight's game versus Michigan State plays like a sudden death in terms of competing for a conference championship, there are potential implications on the recruiting front beyond that of general perception.  That's because, among the large list of young recruits that our opponent has managed to arrange for a visit while playing host to the big game, several are key targets of the good guys in Columbus.

First, I'll mention the one in the 2015 that most all of us who have followed recruiting this year want to be a part of this class, but of whom we've heard little of lately.  And, that is our favorite DT from Ontario, Neville Gallimore.

In the 2016 class, there are several visiting East Lansing who we've already played host to in some way, but who we'd certainly like to get their education in Columbus.

The first one I was able to come across through some online reading was North Ridgeville standout running back (or someone who'd potentially be an all purpose back/receiver for the good guys) Demario McCall.  I believe I read in a forum some time ago that his father is friends with Coach Dantonio (?), and I'm not sure if or how that impacts our chances with him, but I know we all want a chance to root for the speedster in the Meyer offense.

Another 2016 running back target who has already visited Columbus, but will also make his way to East Lansing tomorrow is the "real deal", Elijah Holyfield.  The Atlanta, Georgia bruiser has been making his way around on several unofficial visits this year.  Though we won't be playing host this time, we'll at least be able to make some sort of impression.

Additionally, the Fort Wayne traveling duo who have made their way to Columbus before, WR Austin Mack and DE Auston Robertson will be on hand taking in the action.  They've been making their rounds as well.

Also, Cleveland WR Justin Layne who was in Columbus with teammate and Ohio State commit Jerome Baker last weekend will be an unofficial guest in East Lansing as well.

And, while I wish I've already listed enough, Traverse City OT Thiyo Lukusa will be on the sidelines too.

So, that's a long list of Ohio State targets who will be in East Lansing tonight.  Maybe I've missed some, and if so, just comment.  Hopefully, we perform well, and who knows, maybe one or two are only there to watch the Buckeyes... You never know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

While I have your attention, and because it's a big game night, I leave you with this.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments