Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Turns out Meyer Didn't Forget How to Recruit

0 HS
Stellar's picture
November 4, 2014 at 4:26am
15 Comments

I know it's MSU week and the team's focus is on other areas, but for us as fans this deserves a notice.

I'm sure many of you will remember the panic a lot of people had about the recruiting class this off season.  They freaked out that this class was falling apart.  There were tons of people wondering what was wrong with this class or if Meyer and his staff were getting lazy or had lost their touch.   

Well these last few weeks prove that despite fan wining that Meyer does in fact know what he's doing.  In the last few weeks Meyer landed 4 big time recruits - and 2 of those recruits (Gibson and  Baker) were right at the very top of everybody's with list since the beginning of the recruiting cycle.  He continued the successful Buckeye strategy of keeping top talent in Ohio (Baker, Stump, Berry) while also mixing in elite national talent (Gibson).  And he did all of this in season while continuing to dominate the Big Ten on the field.

I wish some fans would remember this next time a couple guys commit to Penn State early or when they hear that somebody cousin's friends bother says that one of our top targets is leaning elsewhere.  I'm sure they won't remember, but I wish they would...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments