Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Leaders for 2017 WR

raiderred's picture
September 4, 2014 at 9:38am
9 Comments

Hey everybody this is my first forum topic I have created. I also rarely post only when it's something important but I check this site everyday. Anyways I just wanted to say that over at 247 the number 3 receiver Jeff Thomas in the 2017 class just said OSU was his leader. In addition, we lead with Treveon Grimes and Donovan People-Jones also. So what's so important about that? These three receivers are the top 3 receivers for 247 2017 class. I know 2017 is pretty far and a lot can happen but still it's pretty impressive what the coaches have done here. I just wanted to post considering we have missed on some 2015 players and show that were gonna land the big time receivers sooner or later.

DMcDougal24's picture

So........ what's his name?

+2 HS
AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

I can't even get excited about 2017, let alone who's on our schedule in 2022-2023 LOL.

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Second that Alwayz - way too funny and too far away

Grande Gustavo's picture

Great to hear, let's revisit this in a couple years. 

The answer may not be at the bottom of a bottle, but it never hurts to check. 

Murph32's picture

Wonder if this has anything to do with Beckner.

45OH4IO's picture

That's the class that Danny Clark (a top flight QB recruit) is a part of. My theory is that a lot of receivers will want to catch passes from him. I asked Mike the recruiting reporter about it in a story he wrote and he gave a couple guys he thought we would see in scarlet in that class. You can probly find it in the recruiting archive

+1 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

I'm starting to think that the reason the 2015 class is missing on some of these recruits is because they see that we currently have a slew of young receivers on the team right now. There is at least 2 more years for the current crop to develop and own the starting positions on this team as well as enough to create depth for 2 more years as well. I think any 2015 kid coming in will have to wait at least 2 years to become a real full time starter on this team. Kirk maybe one year.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Either way you look at it, the next several years are shaping up to be huge, both for recruiting and for talent that could possibly come to cbus

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+1 HS