Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Matt Burrell 100% visiting this weekend

Mike Rockstedt's picture
September 1, 2014 at 1:59pm
30 Comments

Per his coach, Matt Burrell is visiting this weekend for the Virginia Tech game. He is using this for his official visit. This is a good chance for Ohio State to boost the lead, that IMO they already have. Joining him on the trip is his teammate and class of 2018 star, Runningback Ricky Slade.

Another 2015 prospect COULD be joining them on the trip, but am not allowed to say until I am given the OK. This prospect has not been talked about here in a while. I can update when I am allowed.

hobochops987's picture

If I had to guess I would say the other prospect is tim settle.

Trust in UFM

+7 HS
703Buckeye's picture

Settle

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+4 HS
703Buckeye's picture

Since hobochops beat me with the Settle guess, I'll also throw in Adam McLean as a guess.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

Belliott's picture

I'll throw in prince. From MD. Hasn't really been mentioned in a bit. But probably settle. 

+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Good stuff, hope he commits. 

MacG91's picture

Roundtree, Settle or Beckner. 

Mac..yeah

+4 HS
MJB15's picture

Good call, I'm going with beckner

OSU069's picture

Any chance he commits?

Mike Rockstedt's picture

I do not believe he is going to, but, if he did, I wouldn't be all that shocked. I am going with no.

JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

He tweeted he was coming with his family. Does that sway your thoughts at all?

Buckeye fan from PA

+2 HS
kareemabduljacobb's picture

DeBerry or does he already have an official set up?

+5 HS
BassDropper's picture

my guess is DeBerry

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

I am leaning a bit more to it being DeBerry. We will see soon enough.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

ab1993's picture

Almost positive DeBerry has already been planning a visit this weekend and it is NOT his official.

+1 HS
kareemabduljacobb's picture

PS who the hell switched my profile pic from Bruce Campbell?!  lol

MN Buckeye's picture

A first-class recruiting weekend, with an entire constellation of stars on campus.

KingsRite's picture

HUGE Weekend!

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

buckeyeboy31's picture
+7 HS
sivaDavis's picture

99% sure it's Settle. Those dudes are brothers. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

Gray Box's picture
+1 HS
Gray Box's picture
+4 HS
SWAGGERNAUTICAL's picture

I think Gene took deberry off the visitor list for yesterday's quick bits, not that that is word is gospel....okay it might be.

oversizedrooster's picture

matt burrell sounds like a old baseball player named pat burrell! he would hit home runs and bang chicks.. that was his motto in Philly atleast! LOL

i like roosters

-3 HS
OSU725's picture

Hopefully with Burrell and Harris hear during the game they can continue to build a relationship. Hillard and Cornell being here with them can't hurt.

Mike Rockstedt's picture

I was told by a good source that DeBerry was trying to make it to the game. It did not work out.

Hopalong Cassady's picture

DeBerry wants both his parents with him on the visit, unfortunately his father had a previous commitment that threw a wrench into the plans.

+1 HS