Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Which Recruiting Service Do You Most Trust?

WeAllBleedScarlet's picture
August 27, 2014 at 12:48pm
20 Comments

*I'm moving this from a comment on another story to its own topic*

Do you trust one of the major recruiting services (247, Rivals, Scout, ESPN) more than the others?  Are some better at predicting abilities at certain positions?  In certain regions?

I would imagine it makes sense to look at all of them, and "average" them out, but I wanted to hear your thoughts.

BassDropper's picture

247's Composite Rankings is a game changer.

DIRECTIONER

+8 HS
bucknut1994's picture

Also a big fan of the predictions and crystal ball, although sometimes inaccurate. 

Class of 2016

Woodshed's picture

This x100

they all have good and bad things about them. The composite helps overall ratings simply by putting everyone's opinions together.

Brutus1972's picture

Agreed. I don't trust any of them but I like the composite as most likely to be accurate.

UrbanDreamz's picture

There is only one to trust.

The Lord of Whispers

"Twelve months ago on Jan. 9, my mom's birthday, I made the decision to come back. I had one goal in mind and that was to win a national championship."  ~Mike Doss

+2 HS
sharks's picture

247 has the best mobile site

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

BroJim's picture

None of the above. I get all my recruiting news from 11W and the guys over at Cleveland.com, they do good work.

I season my simple food with hunger

+1 HS
e135800's picture

To me, recruiting rankings mean even less that pre-season rankings so none of the recruiting services trip my trigger.  I trust the coaches that evaluate the kids the most

OSU_ALUM_05's picture

I trust Birm .... that's pretty much it....there's no need for a recruiting service with Birm writing for 11W.

Birm ... I'll take my payment in helmet stickers ..thanks.

+2 HS
kareemabduljacobb's picture

I like them all, even ESPN which I know most people on here hate...

But for the sake of argument, current class rankings by site:

Rivals: 16th

Scout: 17th

247: 15th

ESPN: 9th

But of course, ESPN is the worst amirite?

Buckeye Knight's picture

ESPN is historically the worst.  And they are the slowest to update individual and team rankings.  And Tom Luginbill sucks.

+1 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

the moon shines on a dogs ass every now and then!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+2 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Personally, I like:

1. 247

2. Rivals

3. Scout

4. ESPN

+2 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

I have kind of a smorgasbord approach to viewing recruiting information. I pay the most attention to 247 because of their Composite Rankings, but I do look at Scout and Rivals, and occasionally ESPN. In addition to that I read blogs like 11W and check out other sites as well. I've never paid for recruiting info, so I can't speak for paywalled insider information and who has the best content in that regard, although DrewBuckeye and 9Route seemed to really be in the know around here...

GoBucks713's picture

ElevenWarriors' very own King of Whispers

-The Aristocrats!

LawBuck's picture

I am a member at Scout and I think the info that Bill Greene and nevada give is worth the money.  Not always the recruiting stuff, but the inside information from practices and things like that.

I can honestly say that stars don't matter to me as much as some.  I think ESPN is the worst, and I like the composite the best, but Scout and Rivals are toss ups.

+1 HS
psibuck's picture

Agree with your sentiments about The Bank and Nevada.  I don't follow recruiting enough to rank the different services.

SWAGGERNAUTICAL's picture

I just like tweeting the recruits so that I feel I can get the story from them

+2 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

I don't really "trust" any of them. I usually just compare then to each other to get a decent idea. The 247 composite is great unless a recruit has an outlier from one of the services.