Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Torrance Gibson Surprise?

WesPatterson23's picture
August 23, 2014 at 4:59pm
89 Comments

Ari Wasserman just tweeted telling Ohio State fans to "watch Torrance play tomorrow. He has a surprise for us."

Just speculation but maybe a commitment!?

(I'm on my IPAD so I can't embed it. It would be great if somebody would embed that tweet in the comments)

Ludwig Yards's picture

Probably wearing a piece of OSU clothing/gear, or something of that nature.

+21 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Yeah, I was thinking when he scores a TD, he would hold up OSU gloves or something. Like when the hands cross over and form an "O".

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

OSUpawn's picture

That was my thought. But that does help recruiting to see big name player to show us love on a national level. 

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+1 HS
QueenCityBuckeye's picture

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+3 HS
TURD_BUCKET's picture

Ohio State fans: Be sure to tune into Torrance Gibson's game tomorrow at 3 p.m. on ESPN. He has a surprise for you.

Ohio State fans > surprise for you ( not us )> Ari Wasserman not a fan?

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.” John Wooden

BassDropper's picture

I think he is originally from Arizona, so he probably isn't.

DIRECTIONER

-3 HS
rosycheeks's picture

IF I didn't know better, I'd say this kid likes attention.

+20 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

What kid doesn't?

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here its a war room

+1 HS
BUCK-I-FAN's picture

I would say Damien Harris doesn't like the spotlight that much.

+3 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

Throw Neville Gallimore, Josh Sweat, and Christian Wilkins on that list.

+5 HS
FitzBuck's picture

I'm guessing Hat.  OSU block O hat.  

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+1 HS
DWright's picture

I'm guessing a change in jersey number from #6 to #5, a Block O hat on the sidelines, an 'O-H' gesture after a 99 yard TD run, at least half a dozen tweets during the game confirming that Ohio State is still his leader, and last but not least... a Buckeye sticker on his helmet.

But to be serious for a minute, all the best to TG this year. Stay healthy and have a great season.

+3 HS
robobuck's picture

Thought that said osu sucks at first. Was gonna have to slap ya, Beth.

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.  1 Corinthians 9:24

+21 HS
CC's picture

I bet she would like it...

+4 HS
45OH4IO's picture

Michigan socks ass, Beth.

TUNBUCK89's picture

I'm guessing an OSU headband or wristband. Or maybe he just screams "GO BUCKS" at the camera after he scores a TD. 

FROMTHE18's picture

I doubt he commits, he's set a date. Im sure it'll be some sort of OSU gear. 

OSU069's picture

Probably OSU gloves or an OSU hat. Maybe he will shout Go Bucks to the camera after scoring a touchdown or something. 

teddyballgame's picture

be sure to drink your ovaltine

+20 HS
Knarcisi's picture

... A crummy commercial ...

+3 HS
Gray Box's picture
+18 HS
GoBucksToledo's picture

That was nice of him.

+8 HS
FtheNCAA's picture

Braxton and TP level athlete.

+3 HS
Buck Commander's picture

I'm thinking a 5 on his Helment or some type of clothing reference wishing Braxton to a speedy recovery

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+16 HS
DWright's picture

I think you nailed it.

Calgarybuck's picture

Can it be Feb 4th yet...

Phoenix824's picture

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      Lets see some football first.    

+8 HS
jonping67's picture

I would rather it be August 30th and the first game of the year rather than NSD.

+9 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

I know the answer and it's pretty sweet. You'll like it.

Knarcisi's picture

Birm, you're such a tease. 

+1 HS
BuckeyeinToledo's picture

This is an instance were giving staff HS would come in handy...

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

MJB15's picture

I'm guessing a block O towel

brandonbauer87's picture

It has to be something more than a simple OSU article of clothing for Birm to say its "sweet".  I'm thinking either a commitment or a nod to Braxton. Probably the latter. 

+3 HS
Jabba1977's picture

Hopefully he commits tommorrow!!

SECHATER77

UrbanCulture's picture

I initially took this as his passing would be much improved  and now I feel stupid 

+4 HS
rosycheeks's picture

New Top 20 list. Buckeyes on top. YAY!!

+4 HS
anderson.2360's picture

If birm says its sweet then its gotta be real gooooood

+4 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

I think he will be wearing number 5.

+9 HS
TheAFBuckeye's picture

This will be my guess as well.  

Let's Go BUCKEYES!!!!!

+2 HS
Poison nuts's picture

This. Definitely think he'll he'll be wearing Brax's number...

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Good call on the number. I couldn't think of anything other than a commitment that would have Birm chiming in like that. But wearing a number 5 jersey? Yeah, I can see that. And it will be great notoriety for OSU when the broadcasters talk about it.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+1 HS
EDUGOON's picture

Yeah I got a hunch he'll be dawning #5 today!!!. I've been a harsh critic of this kid, but I'm starting to come around on him. We all have to remember these are kids out here.

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

+2 HS
Jbucks's picture

i think he's setting up brick walls with scUM logo on them then runs through them wearing OSU gear with Headphones on with Coombs coming through them! or atleast thats what i think a Birms "sweet" definition would be

Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it-John 1:5 SEC meet Ohio State, Ohio State meet SEC

+4 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

He's going to unveil his 11w tattoo. On his face.

+17 HS
CincyBuckeye31's picture

I hope he didn't sell his own things in order to buy this tattoo.  

+3 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Don't be silly, he sold some high school football jerseys. They didn't belong to him.

Gobucks2204's picture

We should have a contest. Whoever guesses right gets free tickets to Navy, or a boatload of helmet stickers.

+1 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Well let us hope for a commitment. Doubt it but it does not hurt to hope for one

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+2 HS
Bucksfan70's picture

wears #5 and commits to osu on air.

“Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't.” - Jerry Rice

+3 HS
Bucksfan70's picture

"it's a fact, torrance gibson is the greatest quarterback in the history of mankind.... discovered by urban meyer in 2014, he named him "torrance gibson." which of course in ohioan translates to... a whales va... WHAMMY!"

“Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't.” - Jerry Rice

-1 HS
MikeTheBuckeye's picture

A lot of people guessed he is going to commit. Too many. As much as I would love to see it happen, that's thinking a little optimistically. TG set a date, is in no rush, and seems to enjoy the recruiting process. It makes way more sense to commemorate a fallen brother or toss the football around with some fancy buckeye socks.

+1 HS
TheVictoryBell45's picture

He needs to commit already. The longer he takes to commit, the more nervous I get about his recruitment. 

-3 HS
buckeyedude's picture

I bet he's changing his icon.

+26 HS
FitzBuck's picture

This comment deserves it's own thread.  

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+6 HS
braneli's picture

He commits. But likely leaves his recruitment open, due to his thorough enjoyment of the process...

"You are confined only by the walls you build yourself."

OSUStu's picture

He will reveal himself as Uncle 9er.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+11 HS
droessl's picture

He's going to announce that he's now a Paul Heyman Guy. 

+5 HS
therealdeal's picture

He'll have his school band do script Ohio and he'll dot the "i" wearing #5.

+2 HS
brunstar's picture

He's going to save a lot of money on his car insurance by switching to Geico.

+6 HS
hobochops987's picture

Duh, everybody knows that.

Trust in UFM

+2 HS
SOF_Buckeye's picture

Yeah, but did you know the Bermuda Triangle is not a triangle, but a parallelogram...?

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender." Woody Hayes

+4 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

+3 HS
SOF_Buckeye's picture

Hmmm, someone who hasn't watched much Cheers/Cliff Clavin....

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender." Woody Hayes

+4 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

He might be announcing that he's decided to join team Edward.

+6 HS
KingsRite's picture

This is like the only thing I'm interested in watching on TV this afternoon. lol

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

Buckeye Knight's picture

I was thinking like many of you, maybe OSU gear or a nod to Braxton, but Birm has piqued my interest.

KBonay's picture
+12 HS
MorrowCoNut's picture

I was thinking after scoring a touchdown he might point to a Block O tattoo on his arm, making it unofficially official 

WezBuck28's picture

He won't even be wearing his school jersey...he will be wearing a buckeye jersey with braxtons number on it..

Knarcisi's picture

I say he wears number 5. 

That would be totally epic if he committed. And show that he loves us. We've had a tough week!  Tis kid likes the attention too much to give up a few more months of pub. 

+3 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

Anybody think that Braxton saying he will be back for 2015 was the tipping point for TG and that maybe he will actually commit?   I can't imagine this much attention being made because he's wearing OSU socks, gloves, or even a # change.

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I like the the publicity for OSU.

+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Id love a commit. But I think it'll be subtle but a very nice gesture, something we will enjoy but nothing earth shattering. I hope if its the case of a nice gesture its something for Braxton, I'd applaud the shit out of that. 

-1 HS
osu407's picture

Though I agree that a number change is most likely, I think the fact that he will be on national television could prompt a commitment. 

If so than I think Cager will follow soon after, possibly at the Virginia Tech game. 

QueenCityBuckeye's picture

Assuming this picture was taken today, it looks like TG wearing #5 will not be happening.

I'd love nothing more than a commitment, though. BuckeyeNation could use some good news. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+7 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

Doubt he'll commit today. I don't have much faith in the Crystal Ball Brigade, but the one thing they seem to be good at is making a herd-like march toward the right school when a commitment is imminent. Word would've leaked by now, but there's been no movement on the CB.

Knarcisi's picture

Buckeye cleats. I say cleats. 

+1 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

You are correct, my friend.

OSU069's picture

What kind of snap was that? 

buckeyeinthechi's picture

SURPRISE!!!!!!

There are three different types of people in the world.....those who can count, and those who cannot.

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Anybody wanna guess when TG gets his first TD of the game?

Knarcisi's picture

I'm only gonna throw 3 passes ... Surprise!

-1 HS