Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Ohio State offers 8th grader

JasonR's picture
August 21, 2014 at 10:26pm
29 Comments

Ohio State offered Peter Hayes-Patrick, younger brother of Jacques Patrick, for the class of 20-freaking-19. Can't really find any more info than that...nothing about position, size, etc. Anyone have any more info? He must be off the charts physically to get an offer so young!

JasonR's picture
+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Sorry I should know this. Is this for football or basketball?

+1 HS
NatiBuck's picture

Yes, shame on you for not being well versed in the latest prepubescent recruiting news

+11 HS
AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

So stupid, might as well offer my 7 year old nephew.

-1 HS
mh277907's picture

Does your nephew have an older brother that has 20+ scholarship offers to play D1 football?

It kinda sucks but it's the nature of the beast, currently.

buckeyebobcat

+2 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

We need to offer Lebron James' elementary school age son for basketball. Maybe we could also offer the future unborn child of Joey Bosa for football.

+8 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

There has to be more to the story to help this make sense.........just saying.

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

Gobucks2204's picture

Kinda crazy that 8th graders have twitter. I think I am an old soul that was born in the wrong generation. Now don't anyone tweet him, that would be majorly creepy.

+2 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

Was offered by Florida State tonight also.

JasonR's picture

Absolutely insane. 8th grader with OSU and FlaSt offers!!!

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

Is he announcing soon?

+11 HS
Onionballz's picture

What is his Twitter handle?

+4 HS
Rob Reese's picture

In 8th grade?  Good for him!  Seeing as that's the class of 2018 and right around the corner, I feel we should get an update on his status daily.

BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Class of 2018 is the incoming freshman. I believe this kid is 2019. Yikes

HeuermanTheFireman's picture

Good news is if he commits elsewhere soon we have plenty of time to flip him.

The person responsible for toes clearly wanted you to stub them.

Gobucks2204's picture

He is narrowing his list to 50 before his freshman year I heard.

+3 HS
Little Dan's picture

I'm totally expecting a major asteroid to hit earth before 2019 and destroy everybody, sorry.

Little Dan

+3 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Didn't that already happen in 2012?

+1 HS
bleedscarletpissmaize's picture

Yeah I remember surviving that, it came close to hitting my house. 

+2 HS
Urbz4President's picture

In some aspects, I'm completely against recruiting ACTUAL children. I feel like they should have a little more time to be a kid.

HOWEVER, what an excellent motivator for a kid to stay on the straight and narrow? Keep those grades up, work hard and you've got a guaranteed ticket to any future you want.

+2 HS
TheAFBuckeye's picture

My son is 18 months and should be around the incoming class of 2032.  I'm sure there are still a few spots open.  While he may not gain the size to be an every down player, he kicks stuff.  I'll start working with him when he gains a little more coordination.  The offers should start trickling in around the 2.5 to 3 year old point but if the bucks are willing to throw down early I'm sure my son would be happy to entertain such an offer.  He can almost say Go Bucks to a point that you can understand him, haha.

Let's Go BUCKEYES!!!!!

+4 HS
DCBuckeye33's picture

Just another weapon for Danny Clark to utilize. Or, just another great addition to the silver bullets.

GO BUCKS

Calgarybuck's picture

We offered Richard Lecounte 3 games into his freshman year, Look at LSU and Bama doing the same thing last year.  Some kids you know are just going to be beasts and they want to make in-roads with his older brother.

+1 HS
Gray Box's picture

According to this Orlando Sentinal article(free) FSU, Ohio State offer 8th-grade brother of Jacques Patrick 

Peter Hayes, a 5-foot-9 1/2, 175-pound ahtlete who plays quarterback for his youth league team but can do about anything with his athleticism, is only four days into his eighth-grade year at Orlando's Avalon Middle School. 

However, this video (from the same article) has him listed as 6'2" 230lbs:

mh277907's picture

However, this video (from the same article) has him listed as 6'2" 230lbs:

Oh, sweet. An 8th grader who could seriously kick my ass.

buckeyebobcat

+4 HS
WayCraKen's picture

Everyone made fun of Gillespie for offfering an 8th grader in basketball. The kid ended up a bust and also was a brother of a high profile player. 

dubjayfootball90's picture

Damn. Very early in the game. Well, we have a LONG time to watch this play out

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

whiskeyjuice's picture

I have to ask, "How early is too early?"

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes