Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Bruce Judson Update

Mike Rockstedt's picture
August 21, 2014 at 12:40pm
31 Comments

I have spoken with Class of 2017 five-star athlete Bruce Judson from Cocoa, Florida and he is hoping to decide soon. If his team has a game next Friday, he could commit before then. The game they were playing in got cancelled but they are trying to schedule another opponent. If the game happens, he is most likely going to commit before, but if it doesn't, it could happen the following week. I like the Buckeyes here.

dubjayfootball90's picture

Now, you say you like the Buckeyes. Can you give a quick reason why and percentage? Nothing major, just want to see what your thought process is on this one (I am not disputing it, I honestly have no reason to think anything else. You are, after all, the recruiting guru, and I am just trying to learn!).

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

Mike Rockstedt's picture

Immediately following FNL, he named Ohio State his leader. Nothing, NOTHING has changed for anyone to not pick Ohio State. I've spoken with him several times and IMO he is Ohio State.

dubjayfootball90's picture

Well then, that is good enough for me. Awesome news. I guess we will wait and see. Keep up the good work, Rock.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

mh277907's picture

Mike, I remember when you started posting on 11W before you worked here and people were like "who the hell is this guy?"

Joke's on them.

buckeyebobcat

+5 HS
BrowardBuckeye's picture

As do I...and I also remember he always responded with class no matter what.

Keep up the good work Mike, and stay classy!

+1 HS
bigDbuck's picture

Any commit from him now would only mean that school is in the top 3.

+3 HS
sharks's picture

He's a Florida kid, so a commitment would put OSU in his top ten

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+5 HS
45OH4IO's picture

Man, he is ahead of schedule. 2017 is a LOOONNG way away!

+1 HS
GoBucksOSU's picture

Is this the same guy that just the other day Birm said he expected will likely commit to OSU soon?

KBonay's picture

This may be a silly question, but what does the game have to do with his timeline to commit?  Unless game was to be televised or something of that nature? 

+2 HS
Mike Rockstedt's picture

It is something he wants to do. It might be a I'm going to announce before my game, get everyone excited. Not sure. Just something he wants to do.

KBonay's picture

Gotcha.  Love to hear he wants to pump up a bunch of Florida kids with a BUCKEYE commitment.  That would be sweet.

Buckeye Knight's picture

Should we be stretching for the dance party???

+17 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

I could watch this all damn day

UFM_Renewal

+1 HS
Murph32's picture

That view would make anyone want to strech...

+1 HS
Phillips.449's picture
+1 HS
MAVBuck's picture

Always exciting to welcome someone aboard but Ill check back in 2016 for updates.

+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Any thoughts on whether he is a flip candidate whether he commits to us or not? 2017 is very far away, so was just wondering if you think he comes off that way? 

Ahh Saturday's picture

Obviously, any 2017 commit is going to be a bit iffy, but one reason I like our chances better than most for a commitment to stick is this:

+4 HS
sox33osu's picture

The thing that shocks me the most is that there's a kid his age named Bruce.

+5 HS
logamaniac's picture

don't bring me down

+3 HS
AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

Anything can change from now til 2017, not sure why kids commit so early these days, especially if a school your going to pick is a long ways away. Now id be happy if he picks OSU, but geez he has a lot to learn and a lot of places to see until then.

irishfury's picture

When you have a QB like Clark Committed your going to get some early recruits with him that want to build a great class.  This will be the first class where we had a QB as a leader very early in the process. 

+2 HS
BassDropper's picture

Isn't Bruce projected to be a QB?

DIRECTIONER

Mike Rockstedt's picture

Yea but he played WR and a little RB at the FNL camp. He has said he can play where they need him. He is an athlete.

buckeyephaninphilly's picture

youre my favorite person on here man! seriously jesus < you

OH- IO

-4 HS
Gray Box's picture

Judson's header pic on Twitter right now:

+8 HS
FtheNCAA's picture

So the 2017 class is shaping up okay it seems.

+1 HS