Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Thanks to Chris Ash...

305Buck's picture
August 15, 2014 at 10:23am
27 Comments

Ohio State is back in on 5 star DE Terry Beckner Jr. per Steve Wiltfong. Missouri has a slight advantage because their coach visits the school regularly, but Ohio State is closing in fast thanks to Chris Ash. Beckner wanted to visit this summer but he couldn't make it, but will definitely make it to a game this fall. Missouri is the only school he visited this summer.

His top 5 is Missouri, FSU, Ohio State, LSU and Oregon (in no order).

Beckner is the #1 Strongside Defensive End in the 247sports rankings, and the #3 player in the country.

JohnnyKozmo's picture

Good Lord, can you imagine him and Sweat lining up on the ends?

+10 HS
braneli's picture

Oh man.

Don't tease me. I'm fragile. :P

"You are confined only by the walls you build yourself."

+2 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

More like Beckner being a quick inside guy like Bennett or Washington. And if Cornell moves inside, the d-line from this class alone could be Sweat - Beckner - Cornell - Dre'Mont Jones. Oh wait I just remembered, we're still looking really good for Neville Gallimore. So, Sweat - Beckner - Gallimore - Cornell. With Alabi and Jones rotating in.

Good lord that is a nightmare for offenses. Who do you double team?

And that's without mentioning Jalyn Holmes, Mike Hill, Donovan Munger, Tyquan Lewis and Dylan Thompson. Plus some of the 2016 studs like Nick Bosa, Jonathon Cooper and Prince Sammons. That's ridiculous. 

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

Gametime's picture

Don't forget Darius Slade!

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

+1 HS
apack614's picture

Nice! Good find 305!

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
Gametime's picture

Our next foursome on the line could be Beckner Jr., Sweat, Cornell (moves inside ala Bennett) and Gallimore...that would be flat out nuts.

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

+3 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Plus Dre'Mont Jones and Josh Alabi, assuming he doesn't end up at guard.

On paper, that recruiting haul would be insane. You'd have the top overall player in Sweat, plus another 5-star in Beckner, and a guy who's a 5-star on ESPN's rankings in Cornell, plus Neville Gallimore who is #34 overall in the composite, and another 4-star in Jones.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

dubjayfootball90's picture

Good stuff. Thanks for the update. Always good news when you make a play for elite talent.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+2 HS
Hayze's picture

And considering who we'll (probably) have coming in in 2016 with Bosa and possibly Sammons or Smith. Holy.

+3 HS
unknownmusketeer's picture

Holy.

I disagree. A defense stacked with those studs would not be "hol(e)y."

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

This one will be a close battle between Ohio State and Missouri all the way up until NSD, but Ohio State closing in fast without even having him visit yet speaks volumes. Get him up for The Game or the Virginia Tech night game, and get an in home visit and I believe Ash, Meyer and Johnson can close this one out. Good luck going against those 3.

+5 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I like what I'm reading.

Being that he's from Missouri I think EzE would be very helpful to spend some time with Beckman on his visit.

+2 HS
awlinBrutus's picture

maybe EZE senior can help out?

MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

Wiltfong just noted that East St. Louis opens the season against Cincinnati St. Xavier.

Hilliard and Beckner Jr. on the field at the same time.

+10 HS
Calgarybuck's picture
Quick, someone send Justin more OSU hats! 
+6 HS

Better yet, someone tweet Hilliard to let him know who he is playing!

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

MN Buckeye's picture

Wow! I thought we were out of contention for Beckner. Nice job, Ash, and as always, appreciate your research, 305!

allinosu's picture

It is sooo nice to be in contention for so many top recruits. I realize it will be hard to pull him from Missouri, especially with his four star teammate committed there but we are going to win some of these battles and close out the class in style. Good job 305

chitown buckeye's picture

Urban is on another level when it comes to recruiting! Tressel was good, Cooper was great but with Urban, it seems every recruit in the country at least has to think about OSU! May not commit but OSU has to cross their minds at some point during the process! No recruit is off the table across the nation with Meyer.

"I'm having a heart attack!"

awlinBrutus's picture

yep great coaches have that effect on recruits. We got so lucky 2 get Meyer after Tressel retired.sorta like stepping in poop and smelling like a rose,lol

MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS

+1 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

You nailed it.  Rarely, if ever, does a team replace a NC winning coach, with another NC coach (in this case, a 2x champ).  Just look at UM-Carr won one, and look what they've had since.  UF with Muschamp.  The stars just aligned.  No other way to put it.

Ahh Saturday's picture

Didn't think it was worth a separate post, so I'll just put it here, but Bucknuts seemed to imply that DT Elijah Taylor is still on the Buckeyes' radar, and might be a candidate for a flip.

+2 HS

Well let us hope that there is truth to that.

+1 HS
Hayze's picture

The content was in regards to the fact that our staff isn't giving up on him. Just like we're still recruiting Shaun Crawford, SKL, Baker and a whole host of others who have committed to other schools.

That's one of the things this staff does so well is leave the lines of communication open just in case a situation like Dontre Wilson happens.

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Academic scandal at ND could bring Taylor to tOSU quicker then originally thought.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

npilolli's picture

The recruiting since Urban has taken the reigns has just been sick!!!

It's good to be a Buckeye right now and it's only gonna get better!!!

O-H-I-O!!!!